Friday, December 2, 2022

Friday and My Birthday

I slept very well last night...only woke up once, took my meds and went right back to sleep. Then I slept until 5:30AM. I am having my breakfast here in the den this morning  and it's 6:20 now. I will bet the cats are out there....hungry. They can wait awhile while I eat my breakfast.

I see it's 47 degrees out there this morning. ...not terribly cold.

Sure enough...both cats were there waiting for me to bring them their breakfast.They are eating  hungrily now. They haven't eaten here since yesterday morning. Maybe they have eaten somewhere else but I doubt it.  I took them out their food and evidently missed "the weather on the 8's" or it could be that it didn't run at the last "8" at 6:28. 

It doesn't come on after every "8". After the cats leave I will bring in their food and cover it and go out and sweep off all the leaves by the front door....not that it will do any good since when it's windy, they just blow right back up at the front door. I will be so glad when they are all fallen and I can rake them into piles and bag them up.

It's 6:38 now. I don't know if the weather forecast will come on this time or not.... I doubt it.

No weather yet ...

I will probably take  my walk this morning. It is a little windy so I will play it by ear. It's not even light yet. 

The weather was on at 6:48.

Today is to be 62 degrees and cloudy and windy, Saturday will be 43 degrees and  partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 48 degrees and cloudy,  Monday is to be 59 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday is to be 48 degrees and mostly cloudy,Wednesday is to be 50 degrees and PM rain, Thursday is to be 46 degrees and showers. It looks like we might get a couple of days of much needed rain.

More later...

I had a text from Scott this morning wishing me a Happy Birthday. I turned 87 at midnight :).

I also got a text from Leslie wishing me a Happy Birthday. I have the  most thoughtful kids!

More even later... 

It's 8:45AM and I am going to try to take my walk now. 

I didn't get back home until 9:48AM. I picked up an entire grocery bag of trash along the south side of 4th Avenue  where the parade was held last evening. I visited briefly with a woman who was walking her dog. I think the woman's name was Zoie. Her dog's name was Macy. I remember that because I had a classmate named Macy who was one of my dearest friends.

It's 51 degrees now. The cold wasn't the problem but the wind was. However, I enjoyed the walk anyhow.

More later... 

Leslie came about 11:00AM and we went to Bartlesville and had lunch at Dink's Bar B Q. As usual it was special. It was even more special because when they learned it was my birthday, they gave us some peach cobble and ice cream. Of course I split it with Leslie because after that great Bar B Q, there was no way I could eat all that cobber and ice cream. 

Then to top it off, she took me to Kim's Pedicure and bought herself and me a pedicure.  Talk about luxury! It was the deluxe pedicure with a hot wax soak. She stopped at Dewey and bought gas at a Phillips' station and then we came on back home.    

More Later...

It's 6:05PM now and I have been messing with my phone for an hour trying to get it to accept some people's names and phone numbers. It is strange when I go to Contacts and attempt to find some people,they are no longer in there.I didn't delete them but evidently, the phone did. The only way I could get them back in my contacts was to go to directory assistance and then edit out the words, "directory assistance". Weird! 

More later..

It's almost 7:00PM and I just took my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe. It's been a very nice day for a birthday and I had a very good time with Leslie.

It's 9:24PM now and time for me to go to bed.



 

7 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope your birthday is filled with things you love.

Margie's Musings said...

Tank you Galla Creek! It appears it will be special!

Margie's Musings said...

"Thank" you is what I meant!! :)

Donna. W said...

Happy birthday! Do something special for yourself.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Donna! My daughter is taking me to lunch and buying me a pedicure for my birthday.

Suemn said...

Happy Birthday Margie! Enjoy your day with Leslie!

Margie's Musings said...

I sure did. Suemn. Thank you for your Happy Birthday wishes!!