Saturday, December 3, 2022

Saturday and The Independence Museum

I slept pretty well last night. I only woke up once and took my meds at that time. I got back to sleep and later was up at 5:15AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den. I believe I will go to the Independence Museum today and see what they have there for the holiday. Maybe I can get Leslie to go too.We usually have done that in December at the holiday period. I will text her later and see. It's only 6:00 AM now. After I finish my oatmeal I will go check on the cats and "the weather on the 8's".

While I am in Independence I also need to shop for those two children we are helping by buying gifts for them for Christmas.

Both cats were out their waiting for their breakfasts. They are eating heartily now. When they are finished and gone, I will go sweep the leaves away from the front door,  Blondie is gone now but Scruff is drinking some water. They are both gone now. I will go sweep away the leaves from my front door.  

Now I got that done...

I am now waiting for "the weather on the 8's". It's 6:28AM now. But it doesn't look like it's going to run at this time.

..Maybe 6:48AM

The weather finally came on at 6:48AM

Today should be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow should be 47 degrees and  cloudy, Monday should be 54 degrees and cloudy,  Tuesday will be 49 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 53 degrees and showers, Thursday should be 50 degrees and showers, Friday should be 50 degrees and mostly cloudy. That's the week..we will hope those showers develop. We need the rain.

Leslie has a Zoom meeting at 10:00AM and it might last an hour. I tried Sally but it may be too early to contact her. I will try again later if I don't hear from her in an hour.  I would like to go at 11:00AM or so. We could have lunch at Big Cheese afterward.

More later... 

I tried to reach Sally three different times and she must sleep in, I was never able to reach her. So I went alone....not near as much fun.

I went to Walmart first and bought toys for the children we are buying Christmas for this year.  They charged me $14.95 for a $5.50 sale price. I went to the service desk and they checked it out and refunded me $12.02 with a gift card. They couldn't give me a cash refund. I bought a couple of boxes of coffee to use most of it. It left $3.00 and something on the gift card.  I guess I can handle that but it was very disappointing to be over charged that way.

More later... 

I have been wrapping Christmas gifts. I have no tree to set them under but I simply put them in front of the curio cabinet there on the floor.  I have Marlene's and Leslie's and they are wrapped...I still have to get the rest after the 14th of the month. I have John and Jeromy and the girls yet to buy and get wrapped I finally went into the new Family Dollar. I was looking for Christmas colored bows for the gifts I was wrapping and Dollar General didn't have any so I went to Family Dollar. They had a very nice store and were very helpful.

I went down to US Cellular in Bartlesville to get some of the bugs out of my phone. They helped a lot! 

When I got home I found the mail had come and one of my classmates and her husband had sent me $100 check to help with the expense of the newsletter. They told me if there was anything left of it, after I paid for everything, I should buy myself a gift for continuing to write the newsletter.  I sent them a thank you note for their contribution. That should buy the stamps and then some. A roll of stamps will be $70 they told me at the post office.

More Later... 

I took my bath at 6:00PM and put my pajamas and robe on. Then I began watching the new program on the weather channel. This group rebuilds houses destroyed by fire, tornadoes  floods or hurricanes...free of charge. They have to do their renovations in 5 days so they work hard and fast but when they are finished, the places are beautiful..and the work is free. It is funded by donations. 

It is 8:45PM now and I will soon go to bed..usually at 9:00PM. It's 9:22PM now. I'm a little late.

No comments: