Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept pretty well last night but woke up at 3:30AM and just couldn't get back to sleep. I kept wondering how I would attach the class newsletter to an e-mail with this Cox mail. I didn't see the paper clip that usually does that. I may have to just have all the newsletters printed and put in envelopes. I hope not. I already have 49 envelopes printed with addresses for those who do not have e-mail. The Bartlesville Print Shop will be printing those off for the envelopes I have already printed.

It's too early to get up and have breakfast It's just 4:00AM now.

I have my hair appointment this morning at 9:00AM. I will probably go a little earlier because Toni is usually there early and gets me in well before 9:00AM.  That gives her a little extra time for anyone that also comes early or time to rest or organize her schedule.

It's 4:11AM now.

I lost my internet connection a little while ago and had to run the trouble shooter. Luckily it worked and I am connected again. But I hope this is not going to be a problem again.

I guess I will get dressed and now and have my breakfast.

More later...I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I also had my breakfast in here in the living room.

The weather just came on. Today is forecast to be 45 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow is to be 53 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 43 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 50 degrees and AM showers, Monday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week with showers on Sunday. 

I will check on the cats now. It is 5:26AM now.

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfast and I took it out to them.They are still eating out there. It's 24 degrees this morning. I doubt I will take my walk today. It's 5:41AM now. But I will play it by ear.

The cats have eaten and are gone now. I will get the cat food back in the garage and cover it.

More even later...

Toni texted me last evening while the WiFi was down and asked me if I could come to my hair appointment at 8:30AM. When the WiFi server was back up this morning I got her text and told her I could make it at 8:30AM and immediately left for Coffeyville. I got there only three minutes late..which was not a problem. She gave me a birthday gift of some body lotion and a fancy candle. I was very surprised but delighted.

Leslie is going to take me to Bartlesville for lunch and a pedicure for my birthday on Friday.  Suzanne called me a little bit ago to ask me to go to lunch Friday for my birthday but when she learned Leslie was doing that Friday she changed her plan to next Tuesday. That was very sweet of her.We will do that. Everyone is celebrating my birthday,,,all but me..although Dean, my classmate that began our class newsletter, sent me $100 for lunches. I took myself to Copan Restaurant today for their small combination salad and blew myself to a piece of German chocolate pie today.  I had her cut it in half and ate one half at the restaurant and took the other half home in a box.

I had seven classmates send me news for the newsletter today. I just copied and pasted it into the newsletter. I am up to four pages already. It may be finished earlier then usual. We will see.

More later ....It finally warmed up enough by 4:00PM for me to take my mile walk. All along the way, I picked up trash from the street and put it in the nearest trash container.

I had five kleenex, two pop cans, several napkins, a paper Coke cup and straw and a newspaper, all just thrown in the street. Why do people do that? The street is lined with trash receptacles that they could toss that stuff in. But they obviously just throw them out of their cars and into the street.  It's disgusting...and it happens every time I take my walk.  I should take a plastic bag to collect that stuff in and then just toss the paper bag with all the trash in it just once.

Disgusting! 

I read until 7:00PM  and then took my bath and got myself ready for bed...put on my pajamas and robe and watched the recorded CBS news until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

I had not had a busy day except for working on the newsletter.

2 comments: