Friday, December 9, 2022

Friday and Cleaning the Apartment

 I woke up once during the night and took some Melatonin tablets and got right back to sleep and slept well. I woke up at almost 6:00AM and it is 6:29AM now and I am having my breakfast here in the den. I imagine the cats are out there waiting for their breakfast so I wont be long getting it for them. I just want to have my breakfast first.  My phone says it's 33 degrees now so I can't be long or they will freeze.

I was right..they were both out there waiting  so I got their food out front and they are eating hungrily.  Scruff got under my feet and I stepped on her little paw.  She jumped away quickly and was more careful where she walked. She rubs up against my legs as I am walking with their food. That's how she got stepped on..poor thing. 

I am eating the last of that cranberry bread I took to Bunco on Wednesday. It was good and most of it was eaten but there were three pieces left and I have been eating on it since then.

The cats just finished eating and left. I will get their food in the garage and cover it. 

I missed the "weather on the 8's" because my phone was on "selfie" and I couldn't figure out how to get it back to photo. I finally figured it out...too late for the weather.  I will have to wait for the next time they run it. I never take a "selfie". Who wants a photo of a 87 year old woman. Not me.

I finally caught the "weather on the 8's" on TV. Today is to be 54 degrees and mostly cloudy, Saturday is to be 55 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 57  degrees  and cloudy, Tuesday is to be 57 degrees and rain, Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 40 degrees and mostly sunny.

That's quite a bit different from yesterday's forecast for this week. That's why you can't count on any forecast to be correct. This is Kansas and anything is possible. Today the only day they have forecast rain is Tuesday.

I have been watching the news but now I am thinking about mopping the floors and then while they dry, take my walk. It is 37 degrees out there but the floors should be dry by the time I get back home and there is no wind.

Now it's 9:52AM and I just got back home from my walk. I will get the throw rugs out of the dryer and back where they belong now and then start the vacuuming. I will do the bedroom and hall and den and perhaps the dining room before I do the living room. I will need to rest before that. I have to get those heavy dining room chairs into the living room while I vacuum the dining room and then move them back where they belong before I can vacuum the living room. It's a mess. I am sure they weigh more then 15 pounds.

More later..

I need to rest awhile before I vacuum the living room. Hauling those chairs back under the table is exhausting. They are very heavy.

All I have left to do is the living room and then I will dust. That will do it for another week. I usually do the cleaning on Thursday but I went to lunch with Suzanne instead and then just wasn't up to it yesterday. It will be fine today. All I have left to do is the living room and then dust...and empty the vacuum sweeper. No big deal!

O.K. I got that all done and emptied the sweeper. All I have left to do is the dusting and I will wait awhile to do that. I have all day. It's only 10:49AM.  I did change out the furnace filter though.

It's 1:53PM now. I went to Dollar General to try to find mailing labels but they didn't have any. I found some general labels and bought them. Then I wrapped Sage's gift, labeled it and took it to the post office and mailed it off. She will get it in plenty of time before Christmas.

I will eat the rest of the soup Leslie gave me Tuesday. Wednesday I ate half of it that evening and saved the other half for today's lunch. After I eat, I will dust.

More Later...

Now I am ready to dust!

I have read all evening after I ate the potato soup Leslie gave me. I finished it up. It was very good.

Then I went back to my reading after I watched the CBS evening news.

At shortly before 7:00PM, I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on. I will read until 9:00PM when I normally go to bed. 

The weather on this desktop computer says "Rain off and on".

 

No comments: