Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Tuesday and Decorating My Home for Christmas

I was up very early this morning..earlier then usual. I checked my e-mail and it's a good thing I did. We have  a Zoom meeting scheduled for this Wednesday evening at 7:00PM concerning Conference legislation to be acted on at the coming World Conference of our church in April. We also have another Zoom Conference February 18th at 10:00AM and an actual  Mini Conference meeting scheduled at our campgrounds on the 18th of March at 9:00AM...all this in preparation for our upcoming World Conference in April. That is held this year from April 22nd through April 28th in independence, Missouri. So I have marked my calendar so I won't miss anything.

Today I will pick up Leslie for a trip to Independence, Kansas to deliver cookies to the First Christian Church there for the dessert for their dinner this evening. Then we will go to Big Cheese in Independence and have a pizza for our lunch. After I take Leslie home, I will come home and decorate my home for Christmas. It will be a big busy day.

More Later.... 

I took the laptop in the living room to have my breakfast and opened the door to find both cats waiting out there for their breakfast. It is lightly raining. 

I see Stephen and Dee Anna are next door at their apartment. I didn't know they came in last night but then I went to bed pretty early.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" right away.

Today is to be 48 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 51 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 62 degrees and AM rain, Friday is to be 52 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday is to be 51 degrees and AM showers, Sunday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 57 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. That's the week...a couple of days of possible rain..that's good. We need the rain. 

Of course, with the rain..light as it is, I won't be taking my walk.

More later....

I picked up Leslie about 10:00AM and we took the cookies up to the First Christian Church in Independence then we looked around in a lovely gift shop and then went to Big Cheese and had a personal pan pizza.She had made some homemade soup and she saved me some of it. That will make a nice lunch this week.

I took her home after that and then came home myself and have worked all afternoon putting up my Christmas decorations. It's after 4:00PM now and I am really tired. I bet I sleep well tonight! 

More later..

I went to the Caney Market and bought some groceries. I also bought the ingredients for my peanut clusters. Sometime in the next week or so, I will get those made. I will put them in decorative cans and give them to my friends and the landlords.

It's 5:00PM now and I will go watch the news or read until time for my bath at 7:00PM and then plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I would also like to have my own cat rather the these ferril ones I feed. I would also like to have a dog but my rental contract will not allow it.

Margie's Musings said...

My internet was down again earlier. I called Cox about it and was told the area was down and they hope to have it fixed by 8:00PM. Right now it is working but that is nothing you can count on with Cox.

Galla Creek said...

Glad you got to spend the day with your daughter.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too.She keeps in touch with me much of the time. But she is very busy.She is the CFO for our Mission Center at church. And we are the largest Mission Center in the Church. She is also our congregation's CFO.