Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday and a Visit with Nancy

I slept very well last night and was only up once and got right back to sleep until 5:00AM.I feel very rested this morning. I have made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I even have a load of wash going...towels, pajamas and underwear mostly. I will soon get that in the dryer.

I even balanced my checkbook this morning.

I will get my breakfast ready now and get back to this later... 

I have had my breakfast and checked on the cats too. They were both out there waiting for me to open the door and see them and bring them their food. They are eating hungrily now.  Blondie just walked away but Scruff is still out there eating.

I am waiting for the "weather on the 8's" now. It will be at least 6 minutes before even a chance of it being shown.

Scruff is gone now too.  I will bring the food in and put it in the garage and cover it.

So more later ....I got that done and missed the weather if it even ran this time. I will wait and see if it runs on 6:48AM. It's 6:41 right now. 

It did run at 6:48AM. Here it is.

Today will be 56 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday will be 48 degrees and AM showers,  Wednesday is to be 50 degrees and cloudy,  Thursday is to be 59 degrees and rain, Friday is to be 50 degrees and rain, Saturday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 52 degrees and showers..

That's the week's weather...it  shows some rain. I hope we get it but this is Kansas and anything is possible in Kansas. It's plain that weather forecasting is not an exact science....especially in Kansas.

It's 7:14AM now and the temperature is up to 40 degrees. When it is lighter, I will make my decision about whether to take my walk or not. 

I am going to take my walk this morning while the dryer is running. I missed it yesterday and I really need to do it every day if it's not too cold. I will take a plastic bag for the trash. It's 41 degrees now and I will dress warmly. 

More even later... 

I got back from my walk at 8:29AM. I picked up a large grocery sack of trash out of the street. I put it in my trash container when I got home. My dryer is finished now and I need to fold out the clothes and towels. I will get back to this after I finish that.

I got the clothes all folded and put away. About 9:30AM, I will leave for Bartlesville to see Nancy and take her to lunch.

More even later...

I got to Nancy's about 10:30AM. There was fog all the way down to Bartlesville but it began to dissipate on the way down and the fog was not near as bad in Bartlesville. I visited with her while she dressed and we went to the Boulevard Restaurant where we had the worst meal of our eating out experience. It was a steak sandwich and french fries but what made it so bad was that it was completely covered in terrible brown gravy. We could barely eat it. I left half of mine and Nancy barely ate any. I paid a little over $23.00 for the two of our meals but I will never order that again.

Luckily, I had taken some coffeecake down to Nancy and she could have it later.

More Later...

This weird phone of mine called Keith and we visited awhile but I hadn't called him. Sunday John asked me if I had called him and I hadn't but he said he had a call last week from me and I was not on the phone when he answered. It is a weird phone. I had a group of seven who provide cookies for the First Christian Church in Independence. They were in a folder called Congregation for a group message. I was going to inform those seven people about the cookies I would need on Sunday and when I opened the folder, only Leslie was in there. 

It took me awhile to get all seven back in there. I never know what to expect of this phone.

I will take my bath shortly. Then I will copy this blog information into Keith's blog. Bloggerspot.com.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM this evening. 

I talked to Dale, Nancy's cousin, this evening. He is planning to take Nancy to the hospital in Bartlesville tomorrow to see if they can figure out why she has periods where she blacks out. That has happened twice now. She just suddenly blacks out. There has got to be a reason that happens.

Jeromy, my grandson, came and got my Christmas decorations down from the attic. I have maybe 10 boxes of decorations to use plus a huge wreathe Cyndi made for me. After I get back tomorrow from delivering the cookies to the First Christian Church in Independence and having lunch with Leslie at Big Cheese, I will decorate the apartment for Christmas. 

That should be a good Tuesday afternoon job.

Now I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read until 9:00PM.

No comments: