Saturday, December 10, 2022

Saturday and Dinner With Sally

I got up at my usual 5:00AM this morning and had slept very well. I woke up once in the night and took my meds but got right back to sleep. 

I had makeup on my jacket where it rubbed on my face and Karan brought it to my attention on Wednesday so I washed it this morning along with my towels, pajamas and underwear. Hopefully it will be dry before I am ready to take my walk....if it's not windy. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am to pick up Sally at 5:00PM this evening and we will have dinner at Copan Restaurant. 

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. It's just now 6:00AM and I set the TV tray up in the living room to hold this laptop computer. One of the parts of it came apart when I did that so I got my Phillips screwdriver and tightened up the screws. I hope it holds.  It would be  a tragedy if it fell apart and dropped my laptop. I may change the TV tray to another one just to play it safe though. 

That's what I did.

More Later... Now I will go check on the cats.

I was in luck. Both cats were out there and just before I fed them, the "weather on the 8's" came on the TV so I took a shot of the next week's weather again.

Today is to be 54 degrees and Mostly cloudy, Tomorrow is to be 47 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 54 degrees and  PM showers, Tuesday is to be 60 degrees and AM rain, Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 38 degrees and partly cloudy. Still two days of rain forecast.The forecast changes from day to day...but that's Kansas and anything is possible.

I think both cats are gone.. The security light is off now so I can't be sure. I will check and if they are both gone, I will bring the food in the garage and cover it up.

They were both gone so that's what I did.

I also folded up the dry laundry and put it away. Now I am back at the laptop computer.

It's 6:54AM now and it's pitch black out there. I won't be even thinking of walking unless it's light out there.

I ordered a 4 foot lighted Christmas tree from Amazon. I will set it next to the small table next to my curio cabinet. I have my Christmas card "sled" setting there now but I can move it and put the tree there.  In fact, I could put it under the tree. I will have to buy more ornaments and a tree skirt if I can find one. Maybe I can find one at Hobby Lobby in Bartlesville. I really want a lighted Christmas tree again...even if it has to be small. I can get ornaments at Walmart pretty cheap. I am supposed to get the tree on the 13th.

It's beginning to get light out now. I will check the weather before starting my walk.

 My phone shows 42 degrees and rain. So I will see if I want to walk this morning.

More later...

There was no rain and no wind either so I put my jacket and gloves on and took my usual walk. It was 7:12AM when I left. It was 7:50AM when I got home. Again, I got a sack full of trash from the street. I put it in my trash receptacle to be picked up on next Tuesday.  

I read this afternoon and then after I got a letter from Medicare and Cigna about an opportunity to pick up a drug plan. I went out to Leslie's to let her read it over and help me decide whether to accept it or not. We decided it would be counter productive because I only take two meds and the blood pressure med is $12.for a three month supply and the thyroid med is $23. for a three month supply. It was actually not a Medicare program at all. I will talk to Medicare about it on Monday and find out for sure. They are not available on the weekend. Leslie says we are to get one medical exam a year as a part of our yearly Medicare coverage. I will check that out on Monday too. 

I picked up Sally after that and we went out to Copan Restaurant for supper. She had won another prime rib dinner and wanted to share it with me. That's the third one she has won a prime rib dinner and shared with me. After we ate, I took her home. 

I took my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe. It's 7:16PM now and I will go to bed at 9:00PM...like I usually do.

 

No comments: