Thursday, December 8, 2022

Thursday and Lunch With Suzanne

I slept pretty well last night except for one time when I woke up and was tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. Finally I got up and took some Melatonin and got back to sleep. It's been awhile since I have taken that but it worked and I slept the rest of the night. It's 6:22AM now and I have been up an hour and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Later this morning I will clean the apartment again.  First I will check out the weather and the cats. They are probably out there this morning already.

More Later... 

Only Blondie was out there for breakfast today. Scruff didn't come for breakfast today. Blondie is very hungry after not coming for breakfast or any meal here yesterday. He just left but I will leave the bowl out there a little while just in case Scruff comes after all.

I also caught "the weather on the 8's" and there is a lot of rain in this week's forecast. Today is to be 57 degrees and AM light rain, tomorrow is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy,  Saturday is to be 56 degrees and AM rain, Sunday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 59 degrees and showers, Tuesday is to be 58 degrees and AM rain, Wednesday is to be 44  degrees and mostly sunny. So rain forecast for Thursday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. We will see if this develops. This is Kansas and anything is possible.

Blondie ate and left and Scruff never came so I waited a bit before I put the food bowl in the garage and covered it.  

There is light rain out there but not enough to make a difference....just enough to keep me from my walk.  

It's 7:28AM and I will start my mopping now. I have finished my breakfast and my coffee and Chai too.

In the meanwhile I decided it wasn't too cold to take my walk at 47degrees. So I bundled up and took off at 8:12AM and got back home with a sack of trash at 8:43AM. I stuck the trash bag in my dumpster. 

More even later...

I have had a time with this e-mail at Cox webmail. It is unlike my Outlook program that I had to give up.  I have been trying to reach Mary Don Moore King for days. She is always the first one to e-mail me her news...for the class newsletter ...except for this year. I did hear from her this fall when John Stephens died but nothing since. I am concerned that something is wrong...after all we are 87 years old. So I wrote her an actual letter with my concerns. I think she is living with her son or he is living with her and I think his name is Robert. Hopefully she or he will get back with me and allay my concerns.

Suzanne came by at 11:30PM to take me to lunch (it was for my birthday last week) at Copan Restaurant. We had their small chef salad. and then some coconut cream pie. We split that.

 Afterward we went over to Myrtle's market and browsed. She bought some things for herself and her daughter, Ashley. I just browsed.

After I got home I addressed and sent out some Christmas cards...probably a couple of dozen. I had to go to the post office and buy some more stamps for that.

I decided to clean tomorrow. I have been extremely busy today.

More Later...

No comments: