Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday and The Class Newsletter

I slept poorly last night after 2:00AM. I was concerned that there might not be a way to attach the 2023 Class Newsletter to an e-mail. I tried to figure it out but nothing I did worked. I may just have to print 54 more envelopes and buy more stamps. After awhile I will call Cox Complete Care again and see if they can walk me through it. Yesterday they were able to get several problems solved...although the first thing this morning Microsoft wanted my password to even use either computer and luckily, I had written it down. Otherwise I would not have been able to get the desktop or the laptop to work. Just another hassle...ever since they deleted Outlook, my mail program, I have been in the dark about my e-mail, Just ordinary e-mail works fine but I can't figure out how to send the class newsletter as an attachment with web mail, (the program they used to replace Outlook), to those 54 classmates that are online. 

After awhile I will call Cox Complete Care and see how or if that is possible.

It's 5:40AM now and my stomach is telling me that peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had for dinner yesterday evening was not sufficient for today. And I haven't had breakfast yet. I should fix that now.

It's pitch black out there this morning so I can't tell if even more snow had fallen last night then yesterday during the day. The cats never came at all yesterday so they are probably very hungry today if they are even able to get out in this snow at all.

I plan to dust today since I never got to it yesterday.  

I went out and scraped the snow off the sidewalk. It's one degree below zero and that is cold!  So I didn't do the driveway. Again, the cats were not out there. They haven't eaten here in two days. 

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" Today will be 17 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow will be 28 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday will be 34 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday will be 36 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday will be 40 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday will be 54 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Thursday will be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy.That's the forecast for the week.

More later.... 

I opened the front door again and there was Blondie.....waiting for some food. I had scraped the snow off the walk and in front of the front door so even though it's one degree below zero, he was very hungry and toughed it out to eat, Scruff didn't make it this time. I hope she is alright but as cold as it is there's no way to know.  Blondie is still eating out there that's longer then he usually stays to eat. Maybe he knows it may be awhile before he gets another meal. He just now left. He must be very cold. I will go bring in the food...

I brought the food in and put it in the garage and covered it. He didn't come back and Scruffy never made it at all. She must be very hungry by now.

Keith downloaded on my computer with Teamviewer and helped me by reactivating Outlook.  We got all my classmates e-mailed with an attachment for the newsletter, except the ones with no e-mail. I will have to get another ink cartridge to print off one to take to Bartlesville after Christmas to a print shop downtown to have it copied for the other 52 classmates. I will need to get another print cartridge to even copy off the one he will need to duplicate.

I got all the online classmates e-mail addresses in a folder called "Classmates". Then we sent them off to all the classmates who had e-mail.

I called Cox Complete Care to get rid of the full page commercial that kept me from being able to get to my e-mail. It took awhile. He was determined to download Chrome for a browser. I have always used Firefox. It has all my favorites on it already. I tried to be patient with him but it was a challenge.

 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I haven't seen old Mama Kitty for two days either, but that's how she is. Cats can go a long time without eating if they feel they have to, and she will not come inside; she's been an outside cat for too long! It's minus 1° still this morning, but the wind isn't blowing nearly as hard, so I'm hoping I see Mama Kitty today; I did put some food out just in case.

Donna. W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galla Creek said...

Looks like your Keith knows more than the Cox assistant.