Saturday, December 24, 2022

Saturday and a Great Night's Sleep

I woke up at 2:00AM with my sinus draining down my throat and my throat felt raw. I got up and this time I took an allergy pill.Within minutes I fell asleep. I slept until almost 7:00AM..unheard of for me. 

When I finally woke up and realized the time, I got up, made my bed and got dressed and even started my laundry. I was out of underwear and my towels needed washing too. 

When I opened the front door both cats were out there waiting for that door to open! I took them some food and realized their water was completely frozen too. So I took it in and put the bowl in the sink to thaw and then I took them out a bowl of fresh water. After they finally finished their breakfast, Blondie left but Scruff drank some of that water before she left. She ate a lot. She hadn't been here in several days because of the snow. 

I also saw the "weather on the 8's" and got the forecast for the next week.

Today will be 26 degrees and sunny, tomorrow will be 32 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday will be 33 degrees and partly cloudy. Tuesday will be 41 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday will be 55 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday will be 63 degrees and cloudy, Friday will be 59 degrees and showers. That's it for the weather this next week.

More later....

I got the laundry dry, folded and put away. I also have the church's towels and I will take them back next week. The snow is still out there but I am hoping it will be gone by January 1st...when we have our next church service. Many of our people will either be out of town tomorrow or having Christmas company for Christmas dinner. 

I had put a couple of Christmas cards in the mail box yesterday with the flag up so that the mailman would pick them up for me.  He ignored it and left them in there. Hopefully he will get them today. I don't want to try to drive to the mailbox in this snow.

We are taking Nancy out for dinner tomorrow with us. Hopefully, she will be up and dressed and in the lobby when we go to pick her up. I will go in and check on her when we go to get her if she is not in the lobby waiting for us. 

Gina, her cousin Dale's wife, texted me this morning to ask which day we would be taking her with us. I told her we were picking her up for Christmas dinner tomorrow. She seemed satisfied.

More later... .

I went to the Market and got a few things I needed. Then I came home and shoveled most of the snow off our driveways. I will finish that job when I get the groceries put away and rest awhile. It is turning out to be a beautiful sunny day. I see it has warmed up to 17 degrees. Not bad.. considering it was one degree below zero earlier. 

I love to shovel snow..and as long as I don't over do it I think the exercise is good  for me. 

More later...I think I will read for awhile. 

I finished cleaning the snow off our driveways. Then I couldn't figure out what to have for lunch. So I was going to go to Eggbert's but they were closed so I went to Sonic and had a  hamburger and french fries and a small coke. That's something I hadn't had for a long time. 

I then tried to balance my checkbook  and was not successful in that. I got off somewhere and could not find where.I am tired now.I will try again to find the error Monday. Tomorrow will be busy and I won't work on it then. It's 4:46 PM now and I have had a busy day.I will go check my mail.I haven't done that since I took those two cards out of it and mailed them myself.

More later...

 

 


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad you remember Nancy

Donna. W said...

Old Mama Kitty showed up at my door yesterday. I figured she would. She didn't eat much yesterday, so cold and windy. But now, at 19°, she is eating like a pig. I keep a water bowl outside for the cats that plugs in and keeps water unfrozen all the time.

Kay said...

Merry Christmas, Margie! I could use some good sleep right around now.