Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday and the Congregation's Christmas Dinner

I slept pretty well last night again. I got up once in the night and took my meds and got right back to sleep.

I am sleeping better it seems. If my sinus's weren't constantly draining, I would sleep even better. When I wake up I find my nose is completely stopped up with the drainage. That's life, I guess...with allergies. Any medicine I've ever taken just makes me drowsy all the time. I sure don't want to deal with that. If it isn't one thing, it's another. Getting old is not for sissies.

I was up at my usual 5:00AM. I am having my breakfast here in the den now. 

I will go turn on the TV and watch for the weather and the cats. It's 6:04AM now and they may be out there.  I will take the laptop computer in there to blog too.

More later... 

The only cat that showed up for breakfast was Scruff. She ate quickly and then left. It is very cold out there. I will wait awhile to see if  Blondie will show up for his breakfast. If he doesn't come pretty soon, I will bring the cat food back in the garage and cover it. He may be in some sort of shelter from the cold like under that house kitty cornered across the street. It's empty and a complete wreck. But there is open crawl space under it for shelter from the cold..

It is 19 degrees out there so I won't be taking my walk today.

I caught the weather forecast and it is also a bear on Monday and Thursday. Today will be 47 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday will be 43 degrees and AM rain and snow showers. Tuesday is to be 36 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 40 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 28 degrees and snow and wind, Friday will be 10 degrees and mostly sunny and Saturday will be 20 degrees and mostly cloudy. I am not looking forward to the snow and the extreme cold. Winter is here. 

More Even Later...

I have been watching "Good Morning America" on TV. It is 9:02AM now and our church won't start until 11:00AM today and we won't have our usual breakfast but I will go over a little early to go to the bank and get some money and then out to Walmart there and get a couple of things I can't get here. I will then go out to our church about 10:30AM and take my Waldorf salad into the kitchen and get the things out we will need for our dinner and brew the coffee for those who want coffee. I will be happy with iced tea. I have had my coffee with my breakfast this morning.

More Later ..

I went to the and first and withdrew $50.00 for the week.  Then I went to buy gas and last of all went to their Wal-Mart to get the two things I couldn't get here at Caney.

Then I went out to church.We had a good service and a great Christmas dinner afterward. Phyllis and I did the dishes while the others wrote Christmas cards for those at the nursing home in Coffeyville. It used to be Windsor Place but Medicalodges bought them out.

We will not have church next Sunday. It will be Christmas Day and many of us will be with family for Christmas dinner and time with family. We will have our Christmas service on New Year's Day.

More Later... 

I wrote letters to those not at church today and included a bulletin so they would have the announcements and the prayer list. I will put them in them in the mail tomorrow.  I need to buy stamps again.

More even later... 

I watched the Mission Center service on Zoom. Leslie was the speaker and she did a good job.


Tomorrow I have an appointment at 9:00AM in Bartlesville to have my hearing tested for perhaps another hearing aid for my left ear. I will see if Medicaid will pay for it. If they will, I will check into it. I will leave here at 8:00AM so I won't be late for the appointment.

I took my bath awhile ago and I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I hope all went well today with your plans, Margie. Raining all morning here in Hawaii.

Margie's Musings said...

It worked out beautifully.We will have rain and snow here Wednesday and Thursday. I dread it.The cats will be very cold (10 degrees) and I will be clearing the walk and drive with my snow shovel.