Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wednesday and My Hair appointment

I have slept fitfully tonight and am up at 4:00AM after tossing and turning since 2:00AM. I heard from Cox last night that they are trying to charge me an extra $8.75 a month...raising my cost again. I have the very basic starter package and the internet. That's all. I discussed my situation with them several months ago and they lowered my rate to $122.72...now they are trying to raise that again. I went through my checkbooks last night to see how many changes they have made in my rate over the years. When they got it up to $146.37 and even later to  to $156.41 in the past three years, I called them about it and talked to billing and they lowered it to $122.72 and it has been that cost over this past three years. $122.72 should be the cost for such basic service. Earlier this year, they dropped ABC from my starter package and I called them about that and they finally got it restored to my package. Twice I have had problems with the picture tearing and had to call them about that. Someone had to climb the pole in the alley and change out some connection out there to get it back to a picture I could watch without all that tearing. And when I moved here to Caney in 2019, the rate was $109.44 for the same basic service..the starter package.

I lease their router and they installed it when I moved here a little over two years ago. Well it died in November and they brought me another one and installed it. Then they wanted to raise the cost on that. I told them a two year old router should not have died and they owed me one that worked....especially longer then two years. It has been a hassle dealing with Cox. 

Now in checking my checking account, I see my new supplement, United American,  has charged me $63.00 already for their premium. I told them not to start their supplement until January1st. I have already paid the $147.25 for Lumico's supplement premium this month and I am covered by them until January 1st.

Always some kind of incompetence!

More Later...I may as well get dressed.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" early.Today will be 45 degrees and cloudy,  Thursday(tomorrow) is to be 15 degrees and AM snow and wind, Friday is to be 15 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 23 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday(Christmas Day) will be 34 degrees and  mostly sunny, Monday will be 36 degrees and partly cloudy, and Tuesday will be 40 degrees and sunny.Snow is still on the forecast for Thursday. We will see...

First only Scruffy came from breakfast but later Blondie came too and Scruffy came back for more. Blondie also drank some water from their bowl. They are both gone nowso I took their bowl back in the garage and covered it.

I left for Coffeyville at 8:30AM and went to Woodshed first to get gas after I had driven there and back from Chanute and even to Humboldt to find that candy store.

After I got gas I went to the beauty shop and had my hair done. I took Toni some of my peanut clusters and she gave me a large bag of candy. She is very thoughtful!

When I got home and called Cox and talked to three different people about the raise in the cost of my Cox Cable...again. I don't know that it did any good. I still have to pay an extra $8.53 a month. I talked to a Nichole this time. My bill will be $131. a month now. Instead of $122.72.  They now have me on record as being an unsatisfied customer for sure.

More later...

I also talked to my car insurance agent. The car insurance is going to be even more then Lexie thought. Instead of $304.73 a half, it will be $333.63 a half. Always something!! It's not due until January 17th  so I have awhile to come up with a solution if there is one.  She suggested I lower my liability insurance to compensate for the difference. She says she seldom suggests something like that but that would be a solution. We will see. I have some time on that. 

After that, I ate the rest of Leslie's white chili with crackers. It was very good and now it is all gone. 

More later...

I went up to the Caney Drug Store this afternoon and arranged to have both my prescriptions ready for them to fill for me in 90 days. They  are very nice. They know Stephen, my landlord, really well. The pharmacist here's wife works with Stephen when Stephen works there at Wal-Mart every other Saturday and they work together. The pharmacist here used to be the manager of the Coffeyville Wal-Mart. He is very impressed with Stephen. (as am I).

More even later... 

Stephen came by to tell me that because of the coming snow storm, he was going home to Owasso and would not be staying next door tonight. He brought me some ice melt just in case I need it tomorrow. Then he left.

I took my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe and read awhile About 8:30, though I decided to finish the blog and go to bed, I had been up way too many hours.

I will put this blog on Keith's before I go to bed at 9:00PM.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into his blog on either computer. He worked it over today and evidently did something to the address so that I can't get into it on either computer.

 

2 comments:

Suemn said...

Oh Margie, I feel your pain with all the increases in costs that we are getting. Don't even get me started on the cable companies. I have Xfinity (Comcast) and I cancelled the basic TV package years ago as I get enough local TV channels. The basic TV package from Xfinity (Comcast) hardly gave me anything extra to watch. I now only have internet service from the cable company but I do have to rent their modem and router. I don't watch a lot on TV but I do watch the news and I stream movies from Netflix or Amazon Prime and read a lot of news on the internet.

Margie's Musings said...

It's a terrible pain,isn't it?