Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tuesday and A Trip to Chanute

I slept fairly well last night and woke up once to take my meds and got right back to sleep afterwards. I made my bed and woke up wide awake at 4:45AM so I just got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have fixed my breakfast and am eating it here in the den. I see it's 36 degrees this morning and, of course, still dark outside. It's 5:56AM now. 

I see by the news on my phone that California had an earthquake last night. I will need to turn on the news to get the entire picture of how bad it was. It was a 6.5 quake. Not a lot of news about it yet.

More Later... 

I got the weather forecast right away.Today will be 37 degrees and AM  clouds and PM sun, Wednesday will be 45 degrees and cloudy, Thursday will be 13 degrees and AM snow and wind, Friday is to be 13 degrees as well but mostly sunny, Saturday will be 23 degrees and partly cloudy,  Sunday is to be 33 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 37degrees and partly cloudy. It looks like the snow and wind is forecast for Thursday now.

I checked for the cats earlier but they were not out there. I will check again now. 

I checked again and they were both out there waiting for me to discover them and feed them. I took their food out there and they dug right into it and ate hungrily for awhile but the cold eventually got to them and they left to find shelter somewhere.They are gone now so I brought their food dish back in the garage and covered it. It's 7:09AM now.

More even later....

I called my friend, Gay,who lives in Chanute to see if she would like to have lunch with me if I drove up there. She did want to do that. So I left about 9:30 to drive up there. It was cold but not snowing. I got there about 11:10AM and looked around in one of their thrift shops while I waited for Gay to come to town. Then we had a good lunch. She bought mine too.

We visited all afternoon and had a great visit and  started back about 2:30PM.

I am not hungry but later I will eat the soup Leslie sent home with me. It is white chili...made with chicken instead of beef. I have never had that before but I am looking forward to it. It's only 4:00PM now. I will wait until about 5:00PM or 5:30 PM to eat.

My new stocking cap and scarf were in the mail. That should keep me warm on my walks.

More Later.....

I made my peanut clusters and put them in tin Christmas decorated tins. I will give them to various friends and John and Leslie too.I haven't seen my landlord, Stephen, in some time but I want to give him and his wife, Dee Anna, some too.

I am very tired this evening.Not only did I drive to Chanute this morning but Gay asked  me to take her to Humboldt to find a candy store there that she wants to buy some candy in for a friend.

Then after that, I drove home and after I ate some of  Leslie's white chili for supper, I made my peanut clusters. So, it's been a big day for me. I am very tired.  It's 7:08PM now and I just took my bath and put my pajamas on.  I am going to try to stay up until at least 9:00PM. I sleep better when I don't go to bed too early.

I have heard from Cox again today.They have raised my very basic service $8.75. I have been over this constant raising of my rate in the past and I have the very basic TV..the starter package and the internet. That's all.They lowered my rate months ago to $122.72 and I have paid it every month and on time. Now they are trying to raise it again. I have argued with them over it over and over, From time to time, the picture tears and I cannot even watch it. I call them and they try to increase the signal but that seldom works. They end up sending a man out here to climb the pole and replace some part of the connection there. That has happened several times since I have lived in Caney the past couple of years. They provided me with a rental modem when I moved here and that went bad this year and they had to bring me a different one. Now they are trying to raise the rent on that one.

When I get back home tomorrow after my appointment, I will call billing and hash it out with them again. I get so sick of Cox's service. The only good thing about it is what I pay for for those "in home" calls. I carry Cox Complete Care and if I didn't have that, they would charge me $100 each time they send a man out here to try to get everything going again. When I moved here there were 4 dishes on the roof. Now I understand why.

More later tomorrow..

 

No comments: