Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thursday and Cleaning

I slept through the night last night without waking up once. I got up at 5:00AM and dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I took my meds before I dressed and made up my face. It's 5:38AM now and with the wind I can hear, I doubt the cats will even dare to come out this morning.It's pitch dark so I can't tell if it is snowing or not. I know it was forecast for today. I can sure hear the wind out there.

I am eating my breakfast here in the den while I blog. I am finished now except for my coffee and Chai Latte. I  will take my coffee in the living room while I turn on the TV and check out the weather.

So more later ...

The wind is really blowing out there. It had blown the big fancy wreath Cyndi had made me right off the side of the house by the door and I think it is blowing the trash cans around from the noise I hear from over there. I brought that beautiful wreath in the house. I checked and the cats are nowhere to be found. It's 12 degrees out there now. I figure they are under that vacant house across the street on the corner of State and 8th.There is crawl space under that house. It won't do a lot about the cold but it would give them protection from that brutal wind.

After I work up the courage, I will go check out the trash containers. Maybe I can get them into the garage so I won't find them down the street. You can bet I won't be taking my walk this morning.  

More later... 

I checked on the trash containers and Stephen's was half way down the drive. I pulled it back next to the garage. I don't know how long it will stay there with this wind.  I will keep an eye on both of them. It is snowing a bit but I sure don't expect the cats to come to eat.

The weather is on. I will get back to this later...l got up just in time to catch the forecast.

It is 13 degrees now with AM snow and wind. It will be minus 1 degree tonight. Tomorrow it will 18 degrees and sunny, Saturday will be 25 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday will be 31 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday will be 43 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday will be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday will be 56 degrees and cloudy and windy. That's the week...we will see what really happens. It appears it will "warm up" as the week progresses.

More later...

When Stephen was here yesterday, I should have given him their can of peanut clusters but I forgot to do it. Maybe he will check on me again today or tomorrow and I can give them to him then. I know he will not be staying at the apartment while it's this cold and windy.

I will give John and Leslie theirs when they pick me up on Christmas Day for our Christmas lunch in Bartlesville. If Suzanne comes to bring me papers (I doubt she will in this cold) I will give hers and Steve's to her then. 

I was on the phone for another hour with Cox Complete Care dealing with Google wanting me to change my password for this blog.Why..I don't have a clue. They need to just leave me and my passwords alone. Google is more trouble then they're worth.

I need to begin working on my cleaning now. It's almost 9:00AM and I haven't even begun.

More later...

I got all the bare floors mopped and the throw rugs in the dryer on "fresh air". When they are dry I will vacuum.I will do the bedroom and hall and den first and later..I will do the dining room and living room after I rest awhile.

It is snowing harder now. We are definitely going to have accumulation from this.

I hug the wreath back out on the hook outside the front door. I hope it doesn't blow down again. If it does, I will just bring it back in. It's 9:20AM now.

I will go watch the news on "Good Morning America." if it's still on..

The wreath blew down again so I brought it back in the kitchen and laid it on the counter to dry. I won't take it out again while the storm is blowing snow and wind. I don't want it torn up. It's too pretty to leave out there in this storm.

I have everything vacuumed except the living room and I am going to have to rest before I do it. Then I will empty the canister. Moving those heavy dining room chairs is exhausting. I am not supposed to lift anything heavier then 15 pounds and I am quite sure they are well over 15 pounds. Usually I drag them so I don't have to lift them but sometimes I just bite the bullet and do it anyhow.

More later... It is still snowing very hard out there! And the wind must be very hard too because it blew that nice wreath down again.

More even later...

I got the living room vacuumed too and put away the sweeper after I emptied it. I am finished for another week. I may do some dusting again but I just did that the first of the week and I don't see any dust yet. I had a peanut and jelly and butter sandwich for my lunch. It was plenty. I read most of the afternoon and finished my book.

I took my bath at 7:15PM and put my night socks, my pajamas and robe on afterward. 

Then I came in here to finish my blog. I don't know whether Keith has a had a chance to fix his blog or not. Neither of my computers can access it today. I will check it out after I finish here.

Stephen came back this afternoon before he went home to Owasso. He had a Christmas gift for me. I was happy he came back because that gave me another chance  to give him the gift I fixed for them...some of my peanut clusters in a Christmas tin. He gave me a winter flag for my little seasonal flag pole and some of his wife's homemade candy too. I munched on some of it this afternoon while I read. It was very good! After Christmas I will put out their winter flag and put away my Christmas one.

It's a little past 8:00PM now. I will work on the computer for awhile. I will need to get another print cartridge before I can print off the class newsletter.  

I will start another book on my Kindle and go to bed at 9:00PM

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’ve been seeing that it’s going to get extra cold. Stay in.

Margie's Musings said...

I sure will, It's going to be a mess!