Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday and a Hearing Test

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.  I have a 9:00AM appointment in Bartlesville at Hearing Life in the strip mall just north of the Washington Park Mall. Leslie will be going there too because they asked me to bring someone with me. She will take her own vehicle because I will be going to visit Nancy afterward. 

Now I will check out my "weather on the 8's" and  see about the cats.

Both cats were there for breakfast this morning and I took it out to them. They are eating hungrily now.

They may have eaten hungrily but they ate fast and then left. It's very cold for them. I will need to take them out some more water. They are drinking what I left for  them yesterday and it is nearly gone..   

The weather forecast has not come on yet although it is 6:18AM now and it may be next after the commercials.

And it was...

Today is to be 47 degrees and  AM light rain. Tomorrow is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 46 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 34 degrees and snow and wind, Friday is to be 12 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 20 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 30 degrees and mostly sunny. So we are to get snow and wind on Thursday and just colder weather the rest of the week.

More Later... 

I left to go down to Bartlesville for the hearing test  about 8:15AM and went by the Okie car wash to see if it was open...it wasn't. So I just went on the the hearing aid place and sat in the car until Leslie came and soon one of the people who worked there arrived and we went on in. I had to fill out some paperwork and then she took us back for the test. It turned out I had moderate hearing loss. She tried a couple of hearing aids on me and demonstrated some more testing. She suggested a couple of hearing aids that cost a total of $5,000.I knew I couldn't buy those, They were way out of my budget. I sure didn't want to go into debt for them. 

After that I went to get Nancy so I could take her to lunch.We met Sally there and she sat with us and all three of us visited. 

I took Nancy home to the assisted living at 2:30PM and then I came on back home.

When I got home I called Charles and he told me I made too much money for Medicaid. I am not at all surprised but it was worth looking into. 

I took my bath at 6:00PM and will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Medicare and many supplemental insurance companies have a deal where you get free hearing aids which includes all the checkup charges. The new rechargeable battery hearing aids are wonderful. Reception for the hearing aid app depends on the ability of your cell phone though. The hearing people should have told you about this program.