Friday, December 30, 2022

Friday and Dusting

I slept pretty well last night...was only up once and took my meds and went right back to sleep without any problem. I got up about 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den now.

I have finished and washed my dishes. Soon I will go in the living room and turn on the TV to catch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. I see by the desktop computer that it is 36 degrees  outside now. Of course it's only 5:54AM too. I am hoping it will warm up enough that I can take my walk again this morning.

More later... 

Blondie was out front waiting for his breakfast and I took it out. He ate quite a bit and left.I brought the food in the kitchen and I am hoping Scruff will show up soon and I will take it back out for her. She never showed up at all yesterday. She's got to be eating somewhere.

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 53 degrees and mostly sunny,  Saturday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday  is to be 68 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 62 degrees and thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 40 degrees and sunny. I sure hope we get that rain on Monday. The Caney River needs it desperately!

More even later...

I took my mile walk this morning again and picked up a grocery bag full of trash from the street again. I just did that yesterday. Even though I pick up all the trash every time I walk, there is always more the next time. It's tragic that there isn't more community pride here. Typical small town, I guess. Although Westmoreland, Kansas, is a small town too in Northern Kansas and Bob's Aunt Osie lived there and we always visited her every Memorial Day weekend. That town was as clean as it could be..Aunt Osie always said if anyone didn't keep the town neat, they would get a lot of hostility from the other residents.

That's how it ought to be. It's too bad every community doesn't require their residents to keep their community neat or risk a ticket or a fine.

I read most of the morning and then at lunchtime I went out to Eggbert's and had lunch.

Afterward I went out to Sonic and had ice cream. That was it for the day.

I read most of the afternoon and finally at 6:00PM, decided to take my bath. I will read some more until my bedtime at 9:00PM.

More Later...



No comments: