Thursday, December 29, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning and Laundry

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM.  I stripped my bed and changed it to clean sheets and put the other sheets in the laundry. I hear the laundry is ready to go into the dryer now. The washer has shut off. 

I have everything in the dryer now. 

I ate my breakfast here in the den. It's 6:22AM.. 

I haven't been in the living room and had the TV on for the weather report yet. I am still drinking my coffee and I want to check my checking account too before I go in the living room. 

More later... 

I opened the front door and Blondie was there waiting for me to bring him some food.I haven't seen Scruff yet. Maybe she will come later...like she did yesterday. Blondie is eating like it had been a long time since his last meal but it was just yesterday. He has put on a lot of weight but then Scruff has too. He may be gone now. When I am sure he is finished and gone, I will go sweep the leaves away from the front door. The weather may come on at 6:48AM...that's just three minutes away. 

Sure enough..he finished and is gone and the weather just came on. Today is to be 65 degrees and   partly cloudy and windy, tomorrow is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 63 degrees and thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 43 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the next week's forecast.I hope we get the rain The Caney River is very low and we are under a boil order here in Caney. I drink bottled water and the only thing I use Caney water for is batheing and washing dishes.

More later...I need to get the laundry out of the dryer. I got the laundry dried, folded and put away for another week. It's only 57 degrees out there. I think I will take my walk now. It's been awhile  since I have been able to do that with the cold and snow and wind.

I took my mile walk this morning and I could tell it had been a week. Not only could my stamina tell it but I also picked up a full grocery sack full of trash along the street. I put that  in my trash container in front of my garage. But it was a nice morning. a little damp but not enough to get wet.

I haven't even began my cleaning so I'd better get my mopping done or it may take me all day.

I have the floors all mopped and the trash taken out and soon I will begin the vacuuming. I will begin with the den this time and use my new cordless vacuum cleaner that Leslie gave me for Christmas and then go on to the dining room. Those two rooms have a short nap carpet and should not clog the vacuum sweeper.

More later...I don't have to rest now. The cordless sweeper will not be heavy.

I had to empty the canister twice.  And now I am charging it again. I got it all done though before it needed to be charged again.

The throw rugs are in the dryer set on "fresh air" and tumbling.

More even later...

It's 10:17AM and everything is clean and the vacuum is still charging.The instructions say it will take 12 hours to charge. I guess I will read awhile now. 

I plan to check Eggbert's and see if they are open again for my lunch. Maybe Sally would like to go to Copan Restaurant instead. It's only 10:22AM so I have plenty of time to decide. Sally doesn't work on Thursdays. Just Monday,Wednesday. and Friday.

I couldn't raise Sally so I went by myself. She must have been with someone else..maybe even her kids. I even rang her doorbell but it was obvious she was not home. I had my small chef salad and iced tea and as usual, it was very good. Then I came back home and had the wife of one of my classmates contact me and tell me they had not received a newsletter in two years. I checked and at that time they didn't have e-mail.They do now so I sent her a copy of this year's and attached it to e-mail. She was able to print it off. She will probably get one of those I sent yesterday in the mail too. I sent out 52 by snail mail.

I took my bath already...shortly before 6:00PM. I had had a busy day and was up early this morning so I was ready. I have my pajamas on and my robe now.I will read before bedtime.

I checked again and Scruff didn't come today. She must have found food somewhere else...or maybe a bird...I hope not. 

More later...

 

 

 

 

 

I got Dean's check today and cashed it to recover what I had already spent of my own money for stamps, the printing and an ink cartridge. 

No comments: