Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept well last night and was only up one time and took my meds then.   And, oh yes, when I took my bath last night, I had water!! Even hot water!! The city of Caney must have got whatever it was fixed! 

This morning before I leave for my hair appointment,I will check on the weather and the cats. It's only 5:30AM now and my hair appointment is at 9:00AM...unless Toni calls or texts me and tells me she can take me earlier. Then I will go over there earlier. 

Cox Complete Care is having problems with downloading on folk's computers. They have a new program that refuses to work. I talked to four people before I got Ross. Two of them were women with such a thick Spanish accent, I couldn't understand a word they were saying. It took me four tries before I finally got Ross...who spoke clear English.  I talked to Ross on the phone last night for well over an hour and he walked me through getting my document printed even though he couldn't download on my computer with their new program that isn't working. Microsoft had really messed me up. They had me change my password four times last week....why, I don't have a clue. It may continue to happen. They said something about my being hacked. To my knowledge I have not been hacked. Everything worked fine until they started messing with my desktop computer and making me change my password four times. Google is just as bad, They have done it several times too.  What a mess!

I have had my breakfast here in the den this morning and now I should go in the living room and watch "the weather on the 8's" and see if the cats are out there wanting their breakfast .

So more later.. 

The cats weren't out there yet. But once again the leaves are blowing around and were in their water and even piled up next to the door. I took the broom out there and swept them off...but with this breeze, the leaves will be back at the door soon. I left the broom out there leaning against the corner of the door. I am sure I will need it again before I leave for Coffeyville and my hair appointment.

After I get my hair done, I will go to their post office there in Coffeyville and buy a roll of stamps to get these newsletters in the mail. I separated them out by states yesterday and put a rubber band around each state's mail.  I will stand there at one of their tables and put the stamps on them and get them in the mail there. There were 52 of them that go by snail mail. All the others that were online got theirs day before yesterday by attachment to e-mail. 

I bought the roll of stamps at the Coffeyville post office and stood by one of the  tables and stuck the stamps on the 52 letters. Then I gave the box of letters to the postal worker and she took care of them.

More later...I am still waiting for the "weather on the 8's" to come on the weather station on TV .  

The weather finally came on at 6:18AM and Blondie came for his breakfast too. No sign of Scruff yet. I will leave the food out there for awhile..just in case she comes or Blondie comes back for more.

Today is to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 63 degrees and  partly cloudy and windy, Friday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 57 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 59 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 63 degrees and thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 47 degrees and  partly cloudy. That's the week ahead according to the weather channel. So rain one day next week on Monday. We can use whatever comes. The Caney River is so low because of not enough rain in the fall.

More later...I see Blondie has eaten and left . No sign of Scruff yet.

So More Later... 

I got over to Coffeyville shortly before 9:00AM. Toni took care of my  hair and I went by Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. I drank that on the way to the car wash...which was not able to wash cars today....it was broken.  Then I came on home. There is a problem with Sonic here in Caney...they have a "boil water " order...probably something to do with our lack of water yesterday. They are very limited with what they can sell because of that. So I didn't get my child's Wacky Pack for lunch today.I may eat some more of that Waldorf salad. It is nearly gone now.

I got a copy of my new supplement policy for Medicare.It is from United American.It cost me $63.00  but I see in the policy that they will raise the premium every year as I age. I might have know...that's what Blue Cross/ Blue Shield did too until it got up to way over $300 a month. Lumico did the same thing. It started out at $120, a month but got up to over $145. a month until I cancelled it. I never exceeded Medicare's deductible Lumico never paid a dime toward my doctor bills. I had to write a check for the cost of my physicals both years. I ended up cancelling my March appointment. There's no sense going to the doctor if I end up paying over $120 for nothing. I have no health problems so it's a waste of my money. If I someday develop some symptoms I will go to the doctor then. 

It's a beautiful sunshiny day again..just like yesterday My desktop computer says it is 56 degrees. I took a pitcher of water out to the birdbath in the back and gave the birds some water to drink.I need to spray paint the inside of that bird bath again.That was not a bargain.I paid big money for it and the bowl rusted the first year I had it. I spray painted  when I lived over to the fourplex in Coffeyville the first time. But I need to do it again. It's rusted again.

More Later.. 

Once Again Microsoft is bugging me about a new password. They have had me change it so much I have no idea which one they want. I tried the one I had in my notes and they said that was not the correct one. Then I tried another one in my notes. It evidently wasn't the correct one either. Now they won't let me set a new one. They are such a terrible problem!

I will be glad when Cox Complete Care is back working again. They can figure this out.

More Later... I am going to go read.

I am going to take my bath in a little bit. Scruff finally came for supper. I fed her and when she finished, I put the food back in the garage and covered it.

I will read after I take my bath ..until bedtime at 9:00PM

 

No comments: