Sunday, December 25, 2022

Sunday and Christmas

I slept pretty well last night and was only up once and took my meds then.  I was up shortly after 5:00AM and I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fixed my breakfast and opened the front door to find Scruff out there by herself. I took her food out thee and she ate greedily and when she was full, she left. I never did see Blondie.I guess I will leave the food out there for a little while just in case he comes a little later..  so far he hasn't.

Today is Christmas and later this morning John and Leslie will come pick me up. I will call Nancy's  Green Country Village  and ask them to have someone wake up Nancy and see that she gets dressed for our dinner out. Their telephone number is 918-331-6842. 

I did catch the "weather on the 8's" right away. Today is to be 33 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 30 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 40 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Thursday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 56 degrees and PM showers and Saturday is to be 51 degrees and AM showers. That's the week's weather forecast.

Blondie is out there eating now! I am glad I left the food out there. He is looking around for Scruff and doesn't realize she has already been here and eaten. It's 6:30AM now and I will watch "Hope in the Wild" on CBS. 

Now Blondie is gone too. Soon I will bring the cat food in the garage and cover it up. I want to be sure they are finished.

More Later...

My son, Scott, called me this morning to wish me a Merry Christmas. They decided not to go to Ohio after all...the snow storm in the north would be a big problem. They are having breakfast with a neighbor and Scott is going to grill some steaks for their Christmas dinner. They will have it there at home by themselves. A different Christmas...for sure. Ours will be different too..at a restaurant.That's fine. Their son, Jeromy, and his family went to Topeka to be with Marlene's family.

More Even Later.....It's 8:20AM now.


John and Leslie came about 10:30 this morning and picked me up. We drove to Bartlesville and picked up Nancy and stopped at Luigi's to eat and they were closed. It appeared the only restaurant open after all was Ihop..the breakfast place. So we ate there. Luigi's was supposed to be open but perhaps they couldn't get any help to work. The kids were very disappointed but we made the best of it. Ihop was open so we had breakfast instead of dinner. It was good although a lot more food then we anticipated. Nancy and I both boxed up leftovers and we will eat them later after warming them up. I got my arm into the fruit on my pancakes so I am washing my jacket again now. 

We came back home and opened our gifts. I sent the gifts for the little girls and Jeromy and Marlene back with them. They gave me a nice cordless vacuum and showed me how to use it. I am charging the battery now. I want to try it out. They had forgotten, if they ever knew,  that Stephen had bought a Shark for the apartment after he learned the smaller vacuum Leslie had given me when I moved here was not capable of doing the entire apartment in one day after we got the new carpet with so much more length and so thick.  

I had gotten Leslie a scarf and gloves and John that sign for a fisherman with a joke punch line on it. I also gave Leslie a box of various turquoise earrings.

It was a real treat for Nancy. She loves to get out of the assisted living every week. She was happy to be included in our plans even if it did turn out to be breakfast.  I will take her gift to her on Monday when I go down there. I may go Tuesday but I texted Dale, her cousin, that we had taken her home after we ate. They may go down on Monday. If so, I will go Tuesday.

I have my jacket in the dryer now. The stain came out fine. I figured it would.  I wash it every time I get makeup on it. The collar tends to pick it up from my face. I wash it every once in a while.

Some of the little sparkly Christmas tree decoration on the Christmas wreath Cyndi made for me came off with the wind the day before yesterday. I managed to put it back on and will put it back out on the front of the apartment again after awhile.

More even later... 

I had a garden flag in the flowerbed in front of my apartment. It had Santa Claus on it. My landlord gave me a new one with a snowman on it and I went out to hang it in the place of the Santa  Claus and found that someone had stolen it. How aggravating! This place is something else. Every fourth of July, the neighborhood kids shoot fireworks onto my roof or into my yard after I had mowed and cleaned it all up. I told them to stop but they ignored me. I finally called the policewoman and asked her to come talk to them and that got it stopped. But it's always something.

I don't know who stole that garden flag but I know they are a thief! Now I wonder if they will steal the new one. Maybe I should move it into the back yard. What a mess! I have two Christmas wreaths out there too. Those could be stolen next. Maybe I should bring them in and put them in the garage.

More Later....

I did bring the wreaths in the garage. I can't replace them. Tomorrow I will put some hooks on the garage wall and hang them up there. I am going to record 60 Minutes. Right now there is a football game on CBS.

I did take the new garden flag to the back yard. One stolen was enough.  It's 5:44PM now and I may just go take my bath and read until 60 Minutes comes on.


2 comments:

Dianne said...

Merry Christmas Margie. I feel so bad about the flag. Just so sad the things some people do. But I'm glad you were with your family and Nancy today.

DrumMajor said...

Merry Christmas! Wonder if the kitties "stole" your flags? But maybe the "fireworks" kids are messing with them. Maybe just the wind? Linda in Kansas