Monday, December 26, 2022

Monday and a Canceled Trip To Visit Nancy

I slept pretty well until 2:00AM when I woke up with my sinus drainage making my throat sore.  I got up and this time I took an allergy pill immediately. Then I got right back to sleep and slept until 5:00AM. That's when I got up and dressed for the day. I made my bed  and will check my bank balance right away.

Then I will go check on the cats and the weather forecast.

So more later in just a minute..It's just as I suspected..Esther's deposit last Thursday still hasn't hit the bank. It must be the holiday that slowed it down. I will check again later sometime after 9:00AM.

I don't think I will be going back to Bartlesville to see Nancy today. The walk here at my apartment is a sheet of ice.The roads probably are too.

I opened the front door again to check on the cats since it's almost 7:00AM. When I took their food out the sidewalk was just a sheet of ice, I had to be very careful walking out there.

The cats ate quickly and Blondie left but Scruff is still out there, No, she just left too. It's 31 degrees out there and with all that ice on the streets and sidewalks, their little feet are probably very cold..

But I did catch the forecast. Today will be 32 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Tuesday will be 40 degrees and sunny, Wednesday will be 53 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 62 degrees and mostly cloudy,  Friday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 54 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, Sunday is to be 57 degrees and partly cloudy. 

More later....

I have decided not to try to drive on those frozen highways. I saw Nancy yesterday so she probably won't miss me today.

I spent the morning putting away my Christmas decorations, labeling the boxes and I asked Jeromy, my grandson, if he would come by next time he is in town taking Cheyenne to basketball practice and put these Christmas decoration boxes back in the attic for me. He said he would. That will be good. At least for another year. 

I called Green Country and asked the woman at the desk to go tell Nancy I wouldn't be coming today because of the ice on the roads.

And I was going to go out today to trim back my Mums this morning but it's 32 degrees out there and there is a brisk wind too. My little garden flag is just blowing horizontally. 

More Later...

I was spreading some ice melt on the drive and sidewalk and both cats came back for lunch. They ate very fast and then left again. It's just too cold to be out there very long. Maybe they will come again for supper. I will take the food back in the garage in a little bit and cover it again.  I see Blondie came back for just a little bit, ate a tiny bit but then left again. It's just too cold for them to be out there very long.

I hope the ice melt gets the ice melted off my drive and sidewalk. I think it is beginning to do that.

I climbed up into the attic and replaced the burned out light bulb.  When Jeromy was up there getting my Christmas decorations down, he had to use his phone light. I at least fixed that.

The city of Caney has a water problem. I tried to call them about it but no one answers the phone. I tried to flush the stool in the bathroom and the tank was empty. I took my pitcher and filled it with water and then was able to flush it. I notified Stephen and he talked to his son who lives here and they have no water. I have some water but it is slow. Always something.

I was going to have lunch at Eggbert's but they were closed. I came home and ate some of my Waldorf salad for lunch. That is basically fruit so at least it is healthy. Then I went out to Dollar General and bought some things I needed....$19 worth of groceries. Even then I forgot one thing I needed.....trash bags.

Halfway through the afternoon, both Blondie and Scruff came back for more food and so I took it out again and they ate more and then left.

I read for awhile and then watched the CBS evening news.

I took a with bath very little water and what there was was not very hot. I guess I should be glad I had any at all. Caney has that water problem this evening. 

My classmate that began our class newsletter called this evening to chat.  He is going to finance the newsletter again this year. He began it right after we graduated  from high school and had it for several years and then passed it on to a woman in Oklahoma City who had it for several years and she passed it on to a woman in Arkansas. And she passed it on to me and I have had it almost 26 years.

It's 7:08PM now and I will be going to bed at 9:00PM so I will go back to my book until then.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Doing the Newsletter is such a service to your classmates.