Friday, January 6, 2023

Friday and Dusting

I slept fairly well last night but woke up very early anyhow. I just don't consistently sleep well. Maybe I go to bed too early at 9:00PM. When I stay up later reading I do tend to sleep better. And it may be my age too..who knows?

Anyhow, it's 5:30AM now and I am having my breakfast here in the den. Soon I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and the cats. I will wait until at least 6:00AM to do that. They are seldom out there any earlier.

I will get my dusting done this morning and if it gets warm enough by this afternoon, I may rake leaves in the back yard and bag them up for the trash haulers on Tuesday. My phone says it's only 26 degrees now at 5:39AM.

So more later... 

Well,  Scruff came for her breakfast but I don't see Blondie yet this morning. She appears to be looking for him but continuing to eat too.

I also caught the weather forecast. Today is to be 56 degrees and cloudy,  Saturday is to be 45 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 51 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 58 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 55 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy and Thursday is to be 52 degrees and showers. I hope we get those showers..we certainly need the water.

It appears Scruff has eaten and is gone. I will leave the food out there for a little while just in case Blondie comes a little later.

I finally took the cat food into the garage and covered it. Blondie never did come to eat. It's 7:11AM now and it's only 26 degrees out there. If it doesn't warm up quite a bit, I won't be taking my walk this morning. That's way too cold.

It's just 35 degrees this morning and that is way too cold for me to take my walk. It will have to wait until it's warmer.

It's10:33AM now and I believe I will go down to Copan Restaurant for my lunch today in about an hour. Sally is working today so she can't go with me this time. I want to get their small chef salad for my lunch with iced tea. Last time I got a cup of their beef and veggie soup. It is delicious! Sally put me on to that. When she is with me, she and I split a piece of German Chocolate pie. That too is delicious! 

I did go down to Copan Restaurant for my lunch. I had the small chef salad...very good.... and iced tea. On my way back I stopped at Mr.G's and had the small butter pecan flurry. Then I read all afternoon,  It's 4:47PM now. I am tired of reading so maybe I can catch the news on TV. If it's not too cold I could even take my walk. I missed it this morning.

I did get the dusting done this afternoon though.I'll give the walk a try.

I got another walk in this evening. It wasn't bad although I got another sack of trash. It's 5:22PM now. I left for my walk at 5:05PM. It's almost time for the 5:30PM CBS news so I guess I'll go turn on the TV.

More later...

I read awhile and the watched the CBS news. Then I played solitaire until I took my bath at 7:00, put on my pajamas and robe and then at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.



No comments: