Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will go over to Coffeyville this morning and get my hair done and then go out to Woodshed and buy gas for my car.  Then I will sit at the library and read my Kindle until time to go to Bunco at the senior center at 1:00PM. Right now I am eating my breakfast here in the den.

Soon I will go turn on the TV and watch for the "weather on the 8's" and also watch for the cats and see if they will come for their breakfasts today.

So More Later.... 

So far, Scruff is the only cat that came for breakfast...no..I take it back, Blondie is now out there too and they are both eating hungrily. They seem to be sharing pretty well. Sometimes Scruff tries to crowd Blondie out and sometimes he gets angry about that and tries to scratch her face but so far they are sharing well. There is plenty of food for both of them.

Blondie seems to be leaving now and so is Scruff now. She started to drink some water from their water dish but leaves had been soaking in it off and on all week and she decided not to drink from it. I took a clean dish out there with clean water but she was gone by then. If they don't come back soon I will take the cat food to the garage and cover it.

I cleaned my knee this morning and put some more antibiotic cream on my right knee and a clean bandaid on it too. The left knee is just barely scruffed. The right one looks a lot better this morning too.

I finally caught the weather forecast for the week.

Today is to be 50 degrees and mostly sunny and Thursday is to be 53 degrees and sunny,  Friday is to be 56 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 52 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 58 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 53 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week and we got very little rain this past week when we were supposed to have thunderstorms on Monday. That didn't develop...just a few sprinkles.

It's 6:57AM now and I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:15AM. My appointment is at 9:00AM but if I get there too early, I will get my gas first. Sometimes Toni wants me to come early at 8:30AM but I haven't heard from her text today.

Both cats have stayed gone so I will bring the cat food in the garage and cover it up.

I got the cat food in the garage and by then it was 8:15AM and time to leave for my hair appointment in Coffeyville. I got there just in time. She got my hair done and then I went out to Woodshed and bought my gas.  After that I went to the library parking and read for quite awhile before I went up to the senior center for Bunco. We played until 3:00PM and then I went out to Marilyn's for a visit. I stayed until 5:00PM and then it began to look like it was going to get dark so I started back home. We had a good visit. 

It's 5:39PM now and at 7:00PM I will take my bath and read some more until 9:00PM...my regular bedtime.

More later... 

I took my bath at 7:00PM just as I planned. I will get back to my latest book until 9:00PM, when I will go to bed. I haven't eaten anything since the snacks at Bunco but I don't need anything else this evening. Those snacks are the only thing I've had after breakfast too.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Glad your knee looks better today. Watch your step is easier said than done.