Sunday, January 1, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church again

This was another bad night's sleep. I awoke at 3:00AM and could not get back to sleep. I had somuch sinus drainage it kept me awake.I finally just got up at 4:00AM and turned on the TV for the weather forecast. I caught it at 5:48AM.Today will be 64 degrees and AM fog. Tomorrow will be 66 degrees and thunderstorms. Tuesday will be 47 degrees and partly cloudy. Wednesday will be 44 degrees and mostly sunny. Thursday will be 43 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy. I hope we get that rain tomorrow. We really need it.

In a little bit I will go make my coffee cake for the breakfast at church. Our breakfast will not be until 10:00AM this morning instead of 9:30AM as usual so I don't need to get it done as early as usual. It's almost 6:00AM now.

More Later...


I made up my coffeecake and put a glaze on it. I used some of the pecans Leslie gave me yesterday evening.  It turned out fine and I took it to church for the breakfast today. I left about 9:15AM to get there by 10:00AM. Leslie was sorting and putting away Christmas decorations. I helped her some and made some labels telling what was in each covered box.

We will meet again on Thursday to do the sanctuary decorations. There is a lot there too. 

After church, John and Leslie were going to the Independence's  Brahms for lunch and she invited me to join them..so I did. In fact, they bought my lunch. I didn't intend that and I had my money out to pay for my own but they got it before I had a chance. That was nice of them. I had the small chicken strips and fries and ice tea. It was good.

I still plan to go down to visit Nancy tomorrow and take her to lunch if it doesn't rain torrential rain. I found some small zip lock bags in the counter under the sink I put the leftover coffeecake in them and will take it to Nancy .

More later..I charged my Kindle this morning and so I will go read again. 

I played solitaire instead.  I never did get back to the Kindle. I have read so much lately that I am tired of it. I am waiting for 60 Minutes to come on at 6:30PM..(they are later because of football games on CBS).  

After that, I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and maybe I will be up to reading then.

 

No comments: