Monday, January 2, 2023

Monday and Possible Thunderstorms

I slept very well last night and didn't wake up once . It's 5:44AM and I have made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. If it doesn't thunderstorm I will drive down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy later this morning and take her out to lunch. Maybe we will meet Sally for lunch at Boulevard Diner.

Right now, I am hungry for breakfast. If it doesn't rain maybe I will take my walk. I hate to miss a day. It has been so good for me.

I will fix my breakfast now and eat it here in the den.

I am having my breakfast now.I don't hear any sign of thunder or rain but maybe it's too early yet.

I checked my bank account and nothing new has cleared the bank yet today. 

After I eat I will go turn on the TV and watch for the weather and also the cats. They were both here yesterday morning for breakfast.

I cleaned off the daybed yesterday evening and organized the stuff that had cluttered that daybed for weeks..maybe months. I put the resolutions for the World Conference of our church in April in a folder and labeled it that and put it in my desk here in the den.Then I put the newsletters information about my classmates in another folder and labeled it too. So far only one newsletter has come back but sometimes it takes several days for that to happen.

Later I will also try to organize the desk. Right now it's a cluttered mess. I will find space in one of the desk drawers for all my cards and get some order in that too.

My cousin's widower called me yesterday. He and one of his daughters will come Memorial Day weekend and visit me. They do that every year after they decorate graves in the area. He is a year younger than me. He lived a couple of doors north of my grandma when we were in school back in the past...way back in the past.:)

It's 6:13AM now. 

I finally saw "the weather on the 8's" but no sign of the cats though.I've checked three times.

Today, later this afternoon, the thunderstorms are to come. It is forecast to be 66 degrees and  PM thunderstorms. Tuesday is to be 52 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 49 degrees and  mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 47 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy,  Saturday is to be 47 degrees and partly cloudy,  Sunday is to be 47 degrees and sunny. That's the week! I still hope we get the rain this afternoon. We really need it!

More later...It's 6:59 now,  still no cats...

Blondie finally came and ate but I didn't see a sign of Scruff, When Blondie ate and left I brought the food in the garage and covered it.

I watched Good Morning America  and it was mostly about Barbara Walters. 

More Later...If it's not going to rain early, I will take my walk now. 

It's 7:15AM and I took my mile walk this morning before the rain starts.  I got another half a big bag of trash. It's 8:46AM now and the rain has not begun yet. I need to get some more breakfast bars. I ate the last one this morning. I still have oatmeal and Chai and Hazelnut coffee.

I did get my desk organized! It looks a lot better now.

More even later... 

I waited until a little after11:00AM to start to Bartlesville to visit Nancy and take her to lunch. She dressed quickly and we went to meet Sally. We each had an omelet and they were very good.

When we were ready to leave and got in the car, it sprinkled. But that was all it did.  Sally said the rain was supposed to start at 4:00PM or thereabouts. It's only 2:38PM now. I sure hope we get the rain. We need it so badly. I wanted to get home before it began. I went by the car wash there and it still wasn't open. So I just came on back home.

More even later..I will go read again.

I started a new book. I don't think it's one I will be interested in though. 

We are under storm warnings here in Montgomery County. Most of the activity though is in southern Oklahoma.

I did go out with several large yard bags and trim the mums back though and pick up the leaves out of the flower bed and mulch. That needed to be done and today was nice enough earlier in the day to get it done.

I was watching the weather man on channel 6 as he talked about the weather.

It's just past 8:00PM and I am thinking of going to bed early tonight. There is nothing worth watching on TV. The weather has taken it over anyhow.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Have a great start to the New Year, Margie! You started it off well with some nice rest.