Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning and Laundry

I am having a hard time sleeping again tonight.  I got up an hour ago and took two Melatonin tablets but they didn't help. It's 4:26AM now and I am wide awake. I am going to work over my budget since my car insurance is going up since last year's wreck and the insurance company of the other person involved sued my insurance company. The woman that hit me was driving a rental car and the company she got it from lost several weeks rental while she had to wait to get it repaired. So they sued my insurance company and won. On top of that, all the Kansas insurance companys raised their rates this year too. So my car insurance went from $304.73 a half to $333.63 a half and I lost my safe driver's discount. I will have to wait for my Social Security to come in next Wednesday to even pay that. I was hoping to be able to save monthly for that payment. It's always something. One problem gets solved and another pops up.

I have had my breakfast and even fed both cats. They ate and left and I took the cat food bowl back in the garage and covered it.

I plan to take my walk this morning but everything is behind my usual schedule. I was on the phone with Cox Complete Care for an hour while the woman got my Outlook working again. For some strange reason the one on the desktop would not open and work. She fixed it! It just took awhile.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" and the forecast for today is to be 52 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 56 degrees and  cloudy, Saturday is to be 48 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 49 degrees and sunny,  .Monday is to be 58 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 54 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and mostly cloudy. I see no rain forecast for the next week. That's too bad because we really need it!

I took my walk but it was pretty cold..luckily there was almost no wind. As it was..even with my gloves, my hands were pretty cold. 

I started my laundry after I returned from my walk. I left here at 8:05AM and got back at  8:45AM. I am washing my jacket, underwear, pajamas and towels.

I had better get my mopping started or I will be all day cleaning the apartment. But first I want to have a piece of coffeecake.

So more even later... 

I had my piece of coffeecake and mopped and then vacuumed the bedroom, den, hall and a part of the living room before I played out. I will do the dining room next. I pulled the chairs into the living room and kitchen and am resting a bit now. After I finish the living room, I will plug in the vacuum cleaner to recharge it.

The laundry is in the dryer now. When it is dry, I will fold it and put it away and hang up the jacket on a chair....handy when I need it. 

When I got back from Independence, I put away the laundry.

I went up to Independence this morning to get a blizzard. Then I went to the Caney Market when I got home and bought oleo for my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

My grandson will be here after awhile. He is taking my great granddaughter to basketball practice and then will come over here and put my boxed up Christmas decorations in the attic for me. They don't want me climbing a ladder to do it myself.

It is 2:40PM now. I guess I will read some more.

I read all afternoon and then Jeromy and Maia came and helped me by putting  all the Christmas decorations  back in the attic.

Then Leslie sent me Cheyenne's game schedule and I printed it off to keep. I may got watch her play some evenings.

Then I had better go take my bath since it's 7:38PM now. I have been up a long time.

I hope I sleep better tonight.


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sometimes changing companies might help. My friend saved a lot by leaving Allstate.

Margie's Musings said...

I have thought about that myself. I will be going to Independence next Tuesday and I may check into that then.

Margie's Musings said...

I said I had thought about that myself

Summer said...

There are nature walk videos on youtube.com that you could do inside during cold weather. Youtube is free. There are a few ads. Every video wants you to subscribe and that's free and then your subscribed list is there for next time. Of course you don't have to subscribe. I found a hike through a forest with nature sounds that looks interesting, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.