Saturday, January 7, 2023

Saturday and a Better Night's Sleep

It wasn't perfect but it was a lot better then the previous few nights. I woke up twice and went to the bathroom and then took my meds and went back to sleep. I got up at my usual 5:00AM..a lot better rested. It's 5:45AM now and I don't have a lot planned for my day. If it were warm enough I would do some raking and bagging up leaves but the weather is probably going to prevent that.

I need to get some breakfast done and some coffee made now. I will get back to this after that is done.. 

I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday noon and I could tell it. My stomach was rumbling with the message. :)

I am hoping to get my walk in this morning. It's 45 degrees now so maybe it will warm up enough  to do it this morning instead of in the afternoon like yesterday.  It was a little cool yesterday afternoon but at least I got it in.

I am eating my oatmeal now. and when I finish that I will go turn on the TV for the latest forecast and also check on the cats. Blondie never did come yesterday...just Scruff....and she didn't eat a lot. I put my dishes in the sink and am on my coffee now.

So more later.....

Well Blondie was the only cat out there for breakfast and I took it out to him and he ate. The next time I looked, he was gone and Scruff was there eating. Now she is gone too. That was quick!

I did get "the weather on the 8's" though. Today is forecast for 47 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 52 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 59 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 53 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday is to be 49 degrees and showers, Friday is to be 48 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week and I certainly hope we get that rain on Thursday. We are desperate for moisture for the Caney River.

I'd better get that cat food in the garage and get it covered. Both cats are gone.

Scruff came back shortly and ate a little more. When she left, I took the cat food into the garage and covered it again.

More Later...

I took my walk at 8:05AM this morning and got about three blocks away before a brisk cold wind came up.  I continued because I was already out there and was not going to stop and go back home over that wind. I was dressed warmly and the only thing that really got cold was my ears so I finished my ten blocks. I got not even a half a bag of trash this morning. Maybe I am making headway on it. But I wouldn't bet on it. The only trash I don't pick up are cigarette butts. I'm not touching those filthy things. The rains and snows will eventually get them.

It's 8:44AM now. So more later...

I read most of the afternoon and then took some mail up to the post office to mail.

Sally and I went down to Copan Restaurant for lunch. I had their beef/vegetable soup..a cup of it, I tend to alternate between the small chef salad and that soup. It's very good! Also I can get iced tea there and Eggbert's is not making it as long as the boil order is in force here.

I read all evening and almost finished my latest book. Then at 7:00PM,I took my bath and went back to the book until I finished it.It's 8:33PM now and I am ready to go to bed.

 

 

No comments: