Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday and Dusting

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:30AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. It's 6:05AM now and I am having my breakfast here in the den while I blog.

Soon I will go turn on the  TV and try to catch the weather report and check for the cats. 

Today I will dust the apartment and try to neaten it up too. Sometimes I get too much clutter laying around and I really can't handle clutter. I need to go though my storage closet this winter and toss stuff I will never use again. The only alternative would be to have a yard sale this spring but I don't know what I would do with whatever was leftover. It's a dilemma. If I don't do it while I am still able, the kids will be stuck with having to do it after I'm gone. I visited Marilyn this past week and she will be 90 this year.

Cox Complete Care put Windows 10 on this laptop computer yesterday. It seems to be working fine now. It took nearly all day for him to do it. It's a huge operating system and it had a lot of updates too. But, so far, so good. At least Windows 10 still has updates. Windows 7, the former operating system, had not had any for several years.

More Later. I will go turn on the TV now that I have finished my breakfast. 

Both cats were out there for their breakfast this morning at 6:49AM. I took their food out there for them. I just got seated again and the weather report for the week came on TV.

Today will be 43 degrees and mostly sunny,  Saturday will be 54 degrees and partly cloudy,  Sunday will be 59 degrees and cloudy and windy, Monday will be 56 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday will be 56 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday will be 53 degrees and rain, Thursday will be 51 degrees and mostly cloudy. At least there is one day where rain is forecast. I hope it develops on Wednesday even if that is Bunco day.

Both cats have eaten their fill and left now. It is 22 degrees out there. ...too cold for even animals.

More Later...

It's 10:42AM now and I have been reading my church's periodical, "The Herald". My daughter and I are planning to attend the Church's World Conference as  delegates this Spring. It will be held April 22nd through April 28th at Independence, Missouri.

I printed off the various resolutions we will be addressing at the conference so I can study them ahead of time.

I got the apartment dusted and then I went down to Copan Restaurant and had my small chef salad and iced tea for lunch. I chatted with Keith on the phone while there. He will leave for Brazil tomorrow. He will be gone a couple of weeks. 

It's 4:10PM  now. I haven't got a lot done today except dusting.

I take that back...

I started raking the front yard this evening about4:00PM. It's 5:53PM now. I only got two bags of leaves done though. It was cold and I started late. And it got cold. It's 35 degrees now but I will work on it some more when we have  a warmer day next week. It will take me awhile and I don't know how I will do the west side. I would like to mow those leaves and bag them with the mower bag. If I could even get the mower started, I would need to run it out of gas so it wouldn't have any gas in it all winter. I will mull that over. I have awhile since I have a big job with the front too. I do that with the rake as usual. I just make piles of leaves and put my plastic gloves on and fill the bags that way. I have my trash container full and also Stephen's too. He had one bag of kitchen trash in it but I filled it the rest of the way with two big bags of leaves. He told me I could do that.

More later...I am going to take my warm bath and warm up.

Back Later...

 

No comments: