Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday and a Restless Night

I tossed and turned most of the night concerned about the coming car insurance payment. It's due next Wednesday and I am hoping I will have enough in the bank to cover it and my other utilities as well. The cost went up after my wreck last year and on top of that, the state of Kansas allowed a raise to all car insurance companies. Mine is now $333.53 a half and that is without collision. My car is 15 years old and a car that age doesn't need collision. Probably anything that would happen to it nowadays would be a total. That new bumper last year cost over $1,000 to replace and then the other woman was driving a rental car and they sued my insurance company for the lost income while the other woman had to wait to get theirs repaired. It's a mess..that's for sure. Anyhow, I stewed about that until 2:AM this morning when I got up and took three Melatonin tablets and then I slept until almost 7:00AM, very unusual for me. Oh well, it will work out somehow.

Enough of that! It's 7:31AM now and I am just now having my breakfast here in the den. The cats may be out there hungry. While I was working in the yard last evening Blondie came and went into the garage and jumped upon the roof of my car. I quickly grabbed my broom and nudged him off of it. Then I shut the garage door. Darn cat!

More later...I will go turn on the TV and watch for the weather forecast as well as the cats.

Both cats were out there waiting for me to open the door. It's 22 degrees out there. I am sure they are very cold. They ate very quickly and left.  

I went to Coffeyville and had lunch with my niece, Denise. This time she insisted on paying for my lunch. The last time we did that, I bought her lunch. We are going to do this more often.

I had a nice visit with her.

I took my walk at 3:49PM. It was a little chilly but not bad at 52 degrees. Just a brisk breeze. I had an entire sack of trash again. It had been several days since I took the walk what with the wind and chill.

It's 4:27PM now. I guess I will go read on my book. I got the Herald read this morning before I left.

I never did get to my book. I watched the news instead. It's after 6:00PM now and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe. I am tired. It's been a busy day...but pleasant.

More later..

 

2 comments:

Kay said...

It's true car repair costs are horrendous and insurance too. Sigh... Fingers crossed for you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay. I appreciate your comments!