Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wednesday and An Eye Appointment

I slept well last night but was up earlier then usual. I was interested in seeing how much my social security increased. I was disappointed that it was no more then it was. They take some out so I guess that was the explanation. I was able to put some back in my savings account though and that was important to me.

I have an eye appointment at 11:00AM this morning with Dr. Dobbins as well as well as my regular hair appointment at 9:00AM with Toni. Then I have to go buy gas at the Woodshed too. Then I will come back home.

Depending on the weather, I may finish my raking and cleaning up the back yard. 

It's 5:48AM now and I will go turn on the TV to see what the forecast is for this week. I wonder if the cats will come this morning or if someone has taken them to a farm to control mice, That has happened in the past a couple of times. I haven't seen them for several days.

It's 6:00AM but there were no cats out there yet. I checked! I have the weather channel on so I can catch "the weather on the 8's" when it comes on. 

Well, no cats yet but the weather did come on. Today will be 63 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday will be 45 degrees and mostly sunny,  Friday will also be 45 degrees and mostly sunny too, Saturday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 62 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy, Monday is to be  64 degrees and partly cloudy,Tuesday is to be 60 degrees and mostly cloudy. Earlier they said there would be rain and snow in the forecast for Thursday. The week's forecast doesn't show that though..strange. I guess we will just have and wait to see if that earlier forecast was valid.

How about that !! I opened the door at 6:30AM and Blondie was there waiting for his breakfast. When I took it out, Scruff was also there with him. They are eating now. I don't know where they have been the past three days but they're here now and eating hungrily.

Both cats ate their fill and have left now. I will take the food in the garage and cover it.

I read until 8:30AM when I left for Coffeyville to my hair appointment and later...my eye appointment. Dr. Dobbins gave me a new contact for my right eye. I don't wear one in my left eye anymore. When I left she only charged me $35.00 and will run the rest of the bill by Medicare and my supplement. They will bill me any difference...if there is any.

I stopped out to the Coffeyville Brahms and had their chicken strips and fries and a coke for my lunch.

I have been working on my computer most of the afternoon. It's 3:04PM now and 57 degrees out there. 

More even Later..

I went out back while it was pleasant and raked the rest of the leaves in the back yard, put some plastic gloves on and filled three bags of leaves and put them in the trash. That's just the back yard. I'd like to mow the west side yard and get the leaves picked up that way but I can't get the mower started, I will rake and bag the front yard next and then I may get some new gas and add to the little bit still in the mower and see if that will help me start it a little later...the next nice day after I get the front raked.

I need to see if Stephen will help me by cleaning out the guttering this year. John did it last year but it's just a big job and I hate to ask him to do it again this year but I can tell the guttering is full of leaves. I scooped out what I could get out at the bottom of the guttering after I raked this afternoon. I wish Stephen would put some of those gutter guards on the guttering so the leaves would just wash off and only the water would get into the guttering. We had some of those on the guttering out on our second street home in Coffeyville. It eliminates the mess and makes keeping everything neat so much easier. I could climb a ladder and do it myself but I probably have no business on a ladder anymore.

I did order the face powder I needed and took a check up to the post office and got it sent off to the Merle Norman store in Chanute. She will put the powder in the mail in the morning.

I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and watch the CBS news that I had recorded.

More later...

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It’s nice to get a little raise in ss. For several years we’ve really stayed the same. I will see what mine is next We’d.

Galla Creek said...

Wednesday …the computer changed what I typed,

Margie's Musings said...

I got $140. more today.