Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday and Laundry

I slept very well last night and almost until 6:00AM. I changed my sheets and did the laundry of sheets, towels and underwear. It's been a long time since I have slept that well. I checked on the cats since it's as late as it is but neither one of them was out there

The laundry is in the dryer now. I have fixed my breakfast and am eating it here in the den. 

I just checked on the cats again and they still are not out there. Of course it's 33 degrees out there this morning. That cold could make a big difference.

Well, at least I could turn on the TV and wait for "the weather on the 8's". I will take the laptop computer in there and wait for that.

No cats yet...and it's 7:00AM. They may have come earlier and not been able to wait out there in the cold. 

I got the laundry all dry, folded and put away. Changing the bed is one job I always dread. I hate trying to fold sheets that are fitted.  But it's done for another time! 

Still no cats or even the weather forecast..."the weather on the 8's". It's only 7:25AM and at least that laundry job is done!

I finally got the weather forecast. Today will be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 59 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 45 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 56 degrees and mostly sunny and Sunday is to be 63 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy. That's the next week...no rain...that's too bad ...we need the rain.

More later ...

I went to the Dollar General store to get a few things I need and later left to go see Nancy. We were hoping to see Sally at the Tuxedo Cafe but she never showed up. Nancy and I had a sandwich and french fries but neither of us could eat it all so we got the waitress to get us boxes and we took our boxes to the car. We drove around Bartlesville for awhile so Nancy could see what all was going on there and get out of assisted living for awhile. I took her back to her apartment at 2:00PM and told her I would see her next Monday. I loaned her a couple of books to read. I will pick them up on next Monday. 

Then I came back home.

Now I will go read my book on Kindle. More later...

I got an appointment to get my hearing tested again. This time at Midwest in Independence.

To get all the information they were going to need, I had to get my social security amount for last year and this year.

Leslie walked me through trying to get into the social security website. I know it was a trial for her because I didn't have everything they wanted. I finally found my one credit card although it was after I logged out. I seldom use it because I only use it for Amazon and I don't need it then because they have it on file. But bless her heart she was thoroughly disgusted with my ineptitude at that site.  I can't blame her... I was too. To me it was a hassle. That's they way they keep folks from getting their information stolen but still it was a hassle to me.  If I was exhausted from it, just imagine how exhausted she was from the entire hassle of trying to deal with me and my frustration with the entire thing. If I had known what all they needed to get into that site, I could have been better prepared.  Since I don't need that credit card, I didn't have a clue where it was. After I hung up, I opened a zipper in my purse that I never get into, and what do you know, that's where it was.

I took my bath awhile ago at 8:00PM and put my pajamas on and got my kindle and started again reading on my book. I read until 9:00PM and then I was ready for bed.

I thought I would try one more time to put my blog on Keith's site. He may have got it fixed while I have been busy all evening. I will try it and see.

No, it still does not give me a blank page to put my blog on. Last Friday is still on the only page that comes up.

I guess I will go on to bed. It's 9:08PM now.

And the cats never came today at all.


 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

33 really isn't all that cold for cats that live outside all the time. My old Mama Kitty is usually sitting on the porch waiting for me to feed her, even when it's a little before freezing. If it gets really cold and windy, though, she doesn't show up until she's half starving. I didn't see her for 2 days when temps were below zero.

Galla Creek said...

You are such a good friend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for letting me know that Donna! I didn't know that!