Thursday, January 12, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept very well last night and slept until 5:30AM..which is late for me. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I don't know if it rained or snowed last night...it's too dark to tell. It's 6:13AM now and still dark out there. I am eating my breakfast here in the den now. Soon I will go check on the cats and see if they are out there. I will also turn on the TV to try to catch "the weather on the 8's".

I also balanced my check book. I have been busy!

I opened the front door to check on the cats and sure enough, it had been raining...probably all night. They were definitely not there. I thought I had heard it raining in the night. At least it's not been snowing...yet! 

I stepped outside to clean the leaves  off the front door area and it is COLD out there. My phone says it is 33 degrees but there is a very cold wind too.

I still didn't see the cats but I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 42 degrees43 and 43 and AM snow and wind, tomorrow is to be 43 degrees and  sunny, Saturday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 60 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy Monday is to be 64 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and rain....that's much needed rain!

That's the forecast...for the week.

Soon I will begin mopping my bare floors and then vacuum the carpets....

It's 7:53AM and light now and I looked out back and saw that we had had some snow...not much, but it shows on the ground. I don't know whether we will get more or not. I will just have to wait and see. 

The cats never came. I kept checking but they are somewhere warmer I would guess..maybe under the house across the street on the corner. They used to be able to get under there..out of the wind and snow.

I need to start mopping the bare floors.I have been reading and watching the CBS news. I may be wasting all morning. I can read this afternoon...I doubt I will be going anywhere.

I got all the bare floors mopped and all the carpet vacuumed except the living room and I am resting now before I do that. It's 8:37AM and way too cold to take a walk. It's 33 degrees now and there's a brisk breeze which would make it even colder. So far, we just got a light snow. I believe it's finished.

More Even Later..

Leslie  and John gave me the cordless vacuum for Christmas and it's much lighter to use than either of my others.

I am finished with the cleaning except for the dusting and I do that on Fridays. I am very tired and I have the sweeper charging now. I hope I got that filter back in correctly after I cleaned it. I got out the booklet and read it so I am hoping so. I see it's 20% charged now.  It will take a long time to fully charge. It's 9:16AM now.

More Later..

The laptop computer is struggling to work. It is running Windows 7 and there are no updates for that any more.  I am having to use the desktop computer to do my blog and probably my e-mail too..It's just one of those things with an old computer. This one was once Scott's and he got an Apple and gave this one to me years ago.

The laptop is trying to work now. I rebooted and that may have helped.

In fact, I contacted Cox Complete Care and downloaded an IT rep who fixed my e-mail and then downloaded Windows 10 on the laptop where I had Windows 7. It took hours to do that since there were so many updates for Windows 10 but the laptop runs smoothly now with an updated operating system. 

I went out to Eggbert's about 3:30PM and had lunch. Then I went to the market and bought a few things I needed.

More later...I need to put away my groceries ....I put away my groceries and then went up to Mr.G's and had my small butter pecan flurry.

It is getting cooler and I want to watch the CBS evening news so I will get back to this later...

I watched the CBS evening news and read awhile too until time to take my bath at 7:00PM. I just finished that and put body lotion on my feet and hands. That helps with the roughness.

I will read until 9:00PM when I usually go to bed.

I am still having a few problems with the laptop. I tried to get my blog on it and it refused to find it. In fact Mozilla Firefox, shut down altogether. It came back up but I don't trust it now. 

I can't depend on it. Luckily I have the desktop computer and have been able to get the blog on it. I will probably have to get Keith's blog on the desktop computer too. Who knows until I try. It's only 7:21PM right now and I usually don't go to bed until 9:00PM.

No comments: