Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday and Church Breakfast

I slept very well last night because I started to have that pesky sinus drainage so I got back up and took an allergy pill. Then I slept like a baby! In fact, I slept until 6:00AM. Then I made my bed and got myself dressed for church, and I put together my coffeecake and it is in the oven now.

Both cats were waiting for me to open the door and get their food to them. Then they ate quickly and left. It is 23 degrees out there this morning. I will wait a little bit before going out to get it and put it back in the garage.

I brought the laptop in the living room and am waiting for the "weather on the 8's" to come on. 

I caught the weather finally. And 52 degrees today and sunny, 60 degrees and partly cloudy tomorrow,  and  Tuesday 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday should be 46 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 56 degrees and mostly sunny.  I guess they took the rain out of the forecast now.

I will need to get the glaze on my coffeecake as soon as it is cool enough. We won't be eating until ten o'clock so there really no great rush. It's only 7:51AM now.

I got the glaze on the coffeecake and took it out to church at 9:30AM or so. The rest of the group, came at closer to 10:00 and we ate breakfast pizza that Karan had brought and the coffee cake that I had brought. We had plenty for all.

It was a very good service even though Melissa was sick and couldn't come and she had been scheduled. So Kelly didn't come either. Leslie had found a very good service from Beyond the Walls in Canada and recorded it. She presided over the service and was great. Charlie Carter was the speaker and his sermon was very appropriate. Of course the music from Beyond the Walls was also very good. 

More even later... 

After the service Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville for our free lunch. A couple of weeks ago we ate there and had ordered a small chef salad. Instead, we got a side salad but we were charged for the small chef salad. We could not get the attention of the new waitress that waited on us to tell her so we went ahead and ate what she had served us. I complained to the manager about it and she gave us a card for a free small Chef Salad. We redeemed those cards today after church. Afterward, I went back to the church to pick up my coffeecake. I will take some of it to Nancy tomorrow when I go visit her.

Then I came on back home to do my letters. 

I got six letters written and all in the mail.  Hopefully there will be some response.

More Later.. 

I drove around Caney for awhile this afternoon. I wanted to see just how many run down homes there would be here. It's tragic. 

It's 3:59PM and 47 degrees out there now. Still not warm enough to rake. 

I will get back to this later...

I read for awhile and then watched the 60Minutes program I had recorded about Prince Harry and his experience with the royalty of  England. It wasn't pleasant and still isn't..I doubt it ever will be.

Stephen and Dee Anna brought me over some cookies and cake. That was very good of them to think of sharing with me. But that's the way they are. They are very good people.

It's 8:18PM

I took my bath about 8:00PM and will read now until 9:00PM when I will go on to bed.


 

No comments: