Friday, January 27, 2023

Friday and Finally Apartment Cleaning

I slept fairly well last night and was up and dressed at my usual 5:00AM. I was still disturbed by the man sitting right behind me trying to "coach" a child he called "goose" at the top of his lungs. I should have moved but I didn't. If that happens next time I go to watch  Cheyenne play basketball, I will move as far away from that irritating man as I possibly can. It spoiled my evening watching Cheyenne.

That set me up for some sleep disturbance. I never did really sleep really well after that.

I changed my bed this morning. I just wasn't up to it last week. I usually change it every two weeks. It had been three weeks and I knew it needed to be done. I need to move to the south side of the bed to sleep.The north side of the mattress is full of wrinkles since I sleep on that side every night. The south side is pristine...just like new. I might sleep better with that change. 

The laptop computer started right up this morning. Glary Utilities must have fixed it after I ran it. I have had the free Glary Utilities ever since I have had computers. The free part of it has always done the job. I download a new copy every so often and I usually run it about once a month. Whatever! It works.

It's 5:25AM now and I should fix my breakfast. Then I will move the laptop into the living room so I can watch the weather and the CBS news. And then I will watch for the cats. I fed them supper last night before I went to the game. I have the laundry in the dryer now.

More later...

As soon as I turned on the TV, "the weather on the 8's" was coming on. I grabbed my phone and took a photo of the forecast for all next week.

Saturday will be 60 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Sunday is to be 32 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 27 degrees and mostly cloudy. Tuesday will be 29 degrees and AM snow showers, Wednesday will be 37 degrees and  mostly cloudy, Thursday will be 36 degrees and partly cloudy.

More later...the dryer just buzzed! What do you know! Both cats came for breakfast! That's the first I have seen Scruff in a couple of days. She wasn't there when I opened the door..just Blondie.  But when I got back in the house, both cats were there eating!

Now I need to get to the laundry and the dryer. 

When I finished putting away the laundry both cats were gone. It's too cold for them to to be sitting out there eating. It's 35 degrees now and at least Blondie might have been out there before I even checked.  I put away the cat food in the garage and covered it.

More even later.. 

I got the laundry finished and dried and put away. 

After 9:00AM, I will go back the library and get a couple more books to read. I will probably start my mopping before then. Then I will need to vacuum. I just wasn't up to it yesterday...for some reason.

I have been muting the commercials on the TV. They annoy me no end.  There are way too many and they aren't even clever...just disgusting. I used to sell radio commercials and we always made sure they weren't annoying..just clever and informative. And we changed them often...at no additional cost. It was the time the account bought. Rather then annoy the listeners, we let the commercial be changed as often as the account wanted....knowing the account's name was the repetition needed. And the key to the sale...was service..good service.

I went to the Caney Market and bought my coffeecake mix. I met the new manager, Cindy Cunningham (her maiden name). She worked at Consumer's Market the same time my younger son, Scott, did when they were teens. It's a small world! She wanted me to tell him "hi".

I was going to stop by the library to get a couple of more books but on Friday's they don't open until 12:30PM. I will have to go back later. That will give me time to clean the apartment and have lunch.

More Even Later... 

I got the bare floors mopped but now I need more wet swifter cleaners to mop with next week. I used the last of them today. I will need to go to Dollar General to get them. 

I may as well go out there now while I am waiting for the floors to dry. I did get the swifter cleaners at Dollar General. Then I went to the library and checked out two more books to read.

That kept me busy this afternoon.  Monday I will take Nancy to find some clothes that will fit her.

It's 6:18PM now.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and will go to bed at  9:00PM.


1 comment:

Kay said...

I agree about the commercials. We now record the shows we want to watch just so we can fast forward over the commercials.