Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies to the First Christian Church

I slept much better last night and only woke up one time and got up and took my meds and then got right back to sleep. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I feel much more refreshed!

I don't know what the weather is like today. It's still too early and dark to tell. The desktop computer says "snow off and on". So it's anyone's guess. I will not leave here until close to 9:00AM and by then I will know whether the weather is good enough to drive over to our church and pick up any cookies there and Billie Jo's money for her cookies. I go across the street to that market there and buy my and her cookies. I usually try to be at the Christian Church in Independence by 9:30AM. The pastor is in his office by then and he comes and opens the kitchen door and takes the cookies. Then I go on back home.

I took the trash out and Blondie was right outside the garage door. When I took the trash  container to the curb he decided to come into the garage but I don't want him in there with my car so I made him go to the front door to eat. I took his food out to him. I didn't see Scruff.

More later..I will go turn on the weather channel and wait for the forecast for the week's forecast. And I always check on the cats..see if they are there.  

It took awhile but I finally got the week's forecast . Today is to be 39 degrees and rain and snow, tomorrow is to be 41 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 53 degrees and PM showers, Sunday is to be 31 degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 31 degrees and mostly cloudy.That's the week.Today and Saturday sound like the bears!  Rain and Snow! 

It's 7:38AM right now and so far it's clear out..no rain and no snow. Of course, it's early. I won't leave here until 8:45AM and we  will see what the weather is like then. The laptop computer says "winter weather" so I will just wait and see what it's like at 8:45AM.

I never did see Scruff. It may be way too cold for her to be out. I will check again before it's time for me to leave. 

More Later.... I left home about 8:45AM and drove over to our church to pick up Billie Jo's cookie money. There were no other cookies there. I had put Karan's cookies in my car on Sunday. When I got to Independence, I bought my and Billie Jo's cookies at the market across the street from the church. Then I took them by the church and honked as I went by the pastor's office. He met me at the kitchen door and took them in. The next cookie day will be in two weeks and until June it will be every two weeks. So February 7th will be the next Tuesday we will need them. Those who provide cookies should bring them to church on Sunday the 5th of February and put them in the frig there.  I got back home about 10:00AM.

I will go to the library and get a couple of more books to read now. I would walk but it's very cold and the wintry mix will be starting soon. So I will drive. I need oatmeal and breakfast bars from the market too so I will go there first.

I went to the market and bought oatmeal and breakfast bars and a treat for game day tomorrow...if I can get over there in one piece. It rained and then snowed some this afternoon...nothing hard..and now it is raining again.

Blondie showed up for supper and I took food out to him. I still see nothing of scruff.

Earlier this afternoon, I went to the library and checked out two books. I have been reading on one of them this afternoon. 

If I can get to US Cellular tomorrow I want to take my cell phone in. It is doing some very strange things.

More Later...

It's 6:02PM now.  I just took the cat food in.  Blondie had finished and left. In another hour I will take my bath. It is still raining some. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

And now the desktop computer says "Wintry Mix"

No comments: