Thursday, January 26, 2023

Thursday and No Apartment Cleaning Today

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Soon I will fix my breakfast move the laptop computer in the living room and turn on the TV to watch the weather forecast and the news. Then after that, I will start my mopping and vacuuming.  

I see it's 22 degrees out there this morning and clear. If it warms up at all I will take my walk. I have missed it because of the cold and windy temperatures. I need the exercise to keep my knees working.

I contacted Dale last evening and told him Nancy needed some clothes that fit her. She has gained weight and only has one pair of slacks she can wear and one top. I suggested he and  Gina take her shopping and buy her at least three outfits that fit her. He said that Gina had bought her clothes before and she would not wear them or even try them on. He said they would be out of town Friday until next week. He asked if I would take her shopping and he would bring me her debit card today mid day. I told him I could do that. So Monday when I go down there for my weekly visit, I will try to get her to let me take her shopping to buy at least three outfits that fit her. I will look at the pair of pants she wears and see what size they are. She is short so they will have to be petites or "short" size.

It will be a challenge.

More later...I will go fix my breakfast now. 

Blondie came for his breakfast but I didn't see anything of Scruff. That's been at last a couple of days since I've seen her. I hope she has found somewhere to eat.

Blondie has eaten and I took him out clean water too and he drank a lot of it. I will leave that cat food out there for awhile in hopes Scruff will show up to eat.

I caught the weather forecast and today is to be 41 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy,  Saturday is to be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy, Sunday is to be  35 degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 29 degrees and PM snow showers, Tuesday is to be 30 degrees and snow showers, Wednesday is to be 34 degrees and partly cloudy. So the forecast has changed even overnight. Still it looks like we will still have two days of snow showers. 

More Even Later... 

I read all afternoon and finished the second book . Halfway through the afternoon Dale brought Nancy's debit card by. I agreed to take her shopping for three outfits of bigger clothing  on Monday.

I took the  books back  the Caney library and dropped them into the book drop.

 I had the rest of Karan's goulash for my lunch today and an ice cream bar.

At 6:30PM this evening I will go to see Cheyenne play basketball at the Caney  Recreation Center

My laptop computer will not boot up anymore. I believe it has finally died. I get the screen image but that's as far as it goes. The sign in won't come up anymore. It's lucky I have the desktop computer.

What do you know, the lap computer finally came up. It took a half dozen tries to get it to load though. It's probably on it's last legs. It's very old. I like to use the laptop because I can take it in the living room with me in the mornings.

Now I am downloading Glary Utilities on the laptop, I am hoping it can fix whatever happened to that laptop Computer.  It is 41 degrees now. And it's 4:45PM.

I used the Glary Utility and I think it may have fixed the laptop computer.

I went to watch Cheyenne's basketball game but the guy sitting behind me was screaming his head off all during the game. I was glad to get home.

I got home shortly before 8:00PM, took my bath, and put my pajamas on and my robe. I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

Oh yes, just as I was getting ready to leave for Cheyenne's basketball game, I noticed both cats were out in front wanting their supper so I pulled open the garage door and got their food and took it to them.  I put it away after I returned from the basketball game.

 

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I am short too and when I buy pants, I sometimes need to hem them up. If Nancy has a hard time finding pants that fit the length, maybe there is a tailor or seamstress in town or a nearby town that could hem them to the length needed.

Galla Creek said...

God bless you for being a friend to Nancy. Try to get the stuff that doesn’t fit,bring it to your house, and let her son come and get it.

DrumMajor said...

Consider just sweat pants and sweat tops. Put her name on a seam on the outside of the item. Use a Sharpie permanent marker. This way the clothes don't get "borrowed and stolen" to another room. It's a frequent and common problem in facilities. My patient's husband stopped most of the problem by putting her name, not just initials, on the OUTSIDE of her clothes, visible along the outer seams, NOT the inside or on the backs. The same should be done on individual pairs of Depends diapers. Stops the aides from grabbing from one patient's supply to use on another person. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Good to know, Linda. I have several fronds who sew and I think they would be happy to hem them up for her.