Monday, January 23, 2023

Monday and Another Bad Night's Sleep

I slept terrible again last night.  I woke up at 1:00AM concerned about my budget again. After I paid for my 6 months car insurance, $333.63, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it until I get my social security on February 8th. I still have one utility to pay and I won't have gas money or even grocery money to make it until the 8th. That's over two weeks away. I turned that over in my mind most of the night. I finally just got up at 5:15AM and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Rather then to try to find my insurance agent in her office to pay that car insurance, I sent my check off to Columbia, Missouri, the home office, in the envelope they sent me to do that. That was the day after Martin Luther King Day and that check has not been deposited yet. So it hasn't hit the bank yet.

Oh well, if it isn't one thing it's another.

I will go down to visit Nancy this afternoon anyhow. She counts on it and I simply cannot disappoint her. Her life is pretty bleak in assisted living. I just won't take her out to lunch. I will go after lunch. I will call them to tell her it will be after lunch until I can come.

I need to make some calls this morning to try to find a hearing aid company that will honor the Starkey "Neighbor in Need" program. I have two more places to call ...Freeman Hearing in Joplin and Lawry Hearing Aid Center in Tulsa. Those names and numbers were given to me by Morgan Cardosi, in Joplin, who is in charge of the Neighbors in Need program in our area.

More Later...

I found Scruff waiting for me to take her some food. She didn't eat much but she's left now.. I see Blondie has come now to eat. He may be finished and has left. I will leave the food out there awhile in case they come back for more.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" though. Today is to be 47degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 41 degrees and rain and snow, Wednesday is to be 40 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 42 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 52 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 33 degrees and AM ice. That doesn't sound too good for church.  Well we have no assurance that will develop.This is Kansas after all..

Leslie texted me that she would do the calling. I guess that makes sense since she is the one out the $300 payment for the appointment. I feel terrible about that. That's a pile of money. When I made that appointment at the Independence office I told the receptionist that I was making an appointment for the free hearing aids. I guess she didn't pass that information on to the woman who did the test because that is the woman who quoted me $3700 for the hearing aids.  It's a mess. There's a lack of information all around. None of those who are not interested in participating in the "Neighbors in Need" program have informed the person who is in charge of it, Morgan Cardosi. She is very frustrated about that.

More Later...

My daughter, Leslie, managed to get me an appointment in Tulsa on February 2nd at 11:45AM for the Neighbors in Need program from Starkey. She has got to be amazing! I may get some new hearing aids after all. I had almost given up. Every other one I called said they were not participating in the program.

I talked to Esther this morning and she is still waiting for one of their contractors who is supposed to put down their new floors. He had made an appointment and is two hours late and she is late for work.

I checked the bank later and that insurance payment did finally hit my bank account. They finally deposited it.

I texted Leslie and she says Cheyenne's basketball game tonight is at 6:00PM. I intend to attend again. 

Leslie just called to tell me they have pushed back the game until 6:30PM instead of 6:00PM. I will wait another 15 minutes to leave.

More even later... I attended Cheyenne's game this evening. Her team did not win this time but they did last time. This is only their second actual game. I think they all had fun anyway. Cheyenne got to play quite a bit tonight. I enjoyed going and watching her and her team- mates play.

I just took my bath at 7:30PM. I may watch some TV or I just may go on to bed. I missed a lot of sleep last night. I usually try to stay up until 9:00PM so I don't wake up so early in the morning. I need to do some laundry in the morning. I am low on bras. I will wash my pajamas too if I do laundry at all. I should have changed my bed last Monday but I just wasn't up to it. Maybe I can do it tomorrow before I take the cookies up to Independence's  First Christian Church. I will need to drop by the church to pick up any cookies there first and Billie Jo's money for cookies. I will go across the street from the church there to that market and buy mine and hers.  I have Karan's in the car already. She brought them on Sunday.

More Later tomorrow.



 

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hopefully you’ll get hearing aids!

Margie's Musings said...

I certainly hope so Galla Creek.

DrumMajor said...

Ask your insurance agent to bill your car insurance monthly. It's free with no extra fees on mine with State Farm, and certainly makes it less painful. Be careful with all of the hearing aid scams going on out there! Linda in Kansas