Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Bedtime Mystery on Thursday Morning

 

At 3:15AM on Thursday morning I woke up thinking about going to the bathroom and was thinking about taking my meds as I usually do in the middle of the night. As I was considering that, the doorbell rang. I got out of bed as quickly as I could and quickly put my robe on and went to open the door. The outside security light was on so I knew it was not my imagination but by then there was no one there. Strange.....but unexplained. I came in here at the laptop computer to make this note of the incident. It was 3:34AM on Thursday by this time but the mystery was not solved.

So I went on back to bed at 3:43AM.

Then I finally got up at 5:00AM..my usual time to get up and start my day. This is generally my apartment cleaning day but I am still mulling over the mystery of the doorbell early this morning. It hasn't happened again since that occurrence earlier. I will probably not be able to explain it. If the security light had not been on I would probably laid it on to an active imagination. 

Anyhow it's 5:30AM now and I will fix myself some breakfast and later...start my mopping. I should go ahead and clean since that's my usual chore on Thursdays.

Both cats came for their breakfast this morning so I took their food out to them and they dug in. That's the first time in a few days they both have been here at the same time. And they both have eaten a lot. Blondie is gone now but Scruff is still out there.

I have finished my breakfast except for my coffee and Chai Latte. It's 23 degrees out there and now both cats are gone.

I am still waiting for "the weather on the 8's". 

It finally came on and I got the forecast on my phone. Today is to be 41 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 42 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 51 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 66 degrees and scattered thundershowers. Monday is to be 64 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 64 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 67 degrees and mostly cloudy. It looks like Sunday is the only chance of rain this next week. 

More Later... 

I have been reading most of the morning on the library book I checked out yesterday at the Coffeyville library. I finished it...another of my murder mysteries. It was very interesting! Another classic murder mystery. I say it's a classic because I couldn't figure out the killer.

It's 10:22AM now and I will start thinking about going to the Caney library and finding more of the same. As long as it's cold and winter time I will be reading a lot. 

I am not sure what I am going to do for lunch. I may go back to Copan Restaurant or I may just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....actually what really sounds good is a Big Cheese pizza. It's been awhile since I've had one.

I didn't want to drive to Independence to eat a Big Cheese pizza so I went to the local Eggbert's and had their honey chicken salad and iced tea. It is always real good. Then I went to the library here and checked out two more books. 

I am going to clean the apartment after all.I have just finished mopping the floors and am waiting for them to dry before I begin my vacuuming and dusting.I will begin in my bedroom and the hall and then the den. Last of all the living room and dining room.

I got all the vacuuming finished and all I have to do now is dust. I may do that tomorrow. Or after the vacuum charges, I may be ready to dust today. I cleaned out the filter and am charging it now. It's 2:10PM now and I may read one of the library books I checked out at the library here this afternoon after lunch.

I went down to Mr. G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry. But just before I did that, my phone rang and it was Keith calling and I pulled into the parking at the park to talk to him. We had a nice long visit while I was sitting there in the car. When he had to hang up, I went ahead and bought my flurry and ate it at the park and put the cup into their trash..

I have read on the Caney library books most of the afternoon. I am most of the way through the first one. It's almost 7:00PM now so I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and will continue reading until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

 

4 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Sounds like teenagers pulling pranks by ringing your doorbell. Call the cops and ask them to patrol more often on your street. Pretty sure it's not the cats ringing your doorbell. Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

Most mysteries remain mysteries. Hopefully it won’t happen again.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree with Galla Creek. I don't believe it was the teenagers...at 3:15AM in the morning. But I haven't a clue what or who it was. I only know the security light was on when I opened the door.

Margie's Musings said...

And, yes, Linda, I don't believe it was the cats either!! I just don't know who it would be at that hour.