Monday, February 20, 2023

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy

I didn't sleep as well as usual last night. I went to bed at 8:00PM...way too early. I sleep much better if I go to sleep at 9:00PM --or even later. For one thing, I was way too tired...why, I don't know. It wasn't much different then a usual Sunday....I made my coffeecake, as usual. After church, Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's for our usual small salad lunch. I think Karan must have gone with John and Leslie this time. I texted her and I told her where Phyllis and I were going...as our usual destination...and invited her to come too. I didn't hear back from her at all so I figured she went with John and Leslie. Everyone was visiting with our guest when we left the church. I didn't want to interrupt them then.

I did five letters after I got home. I didn't have enough bulletins for everyone so I explained that to the two that I didn't have a bulletin to send. Evidently everyone kept their bulletins and took them home. We did have quite a few for us., so the mail will not go out today and the bank will not be open either..

This is President's Day..a national holiday

I got my laundry started this morning..mostly underwear, my pajamas and the towels. It's in the dryer now.

I will go down to Bartlesville a little earlier this morning because I want to go to their Walmart store and get some tops for Nancy...something to go with the new pants I bought her last Friday. I will take those to her today. They were Pioneer Woman brand and they fit her well. But she only has one or two tops she can wear with those new pants..and that would be the black ones. She has nothing to wear with the new colored ones I bought for her last Friday. 

Among the many tops I have in my closet, I found two that go perfectly with those new brown/tan pants I am taking to her today. I seldom wear them because I have so many. I am going to take those two tops to Nancy and see if she can wear them.

My dryer stopped but before that happened, I lost the internet connection to both my computers. I rebooted the laptop and it was able to get back online and the desktop did too..although with my usual problems with Cox, I don't know how long that will last ..so far..so good.

I will finish emptying the dryer now...if everything is dry.

I got everything folded and put away.

More Later...I will also check on the cats. It's after 6:00AM now.

Both cats were out there this morning. It's 39 degrees according to my phone. And it's 6:15AM now.  They were here earlier then usual. Scruff seems to have eaten and left. I think Blondie just left too. I will leave the food out there for awhile just in case they aren't finished after all.

And the weather channel just came on with the forecast. Today is to be 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 69 degrees and partly cloudy,  Wednesday is to be 70 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 43 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 43 degrees and PM showers, Saturday is to be 57 degrees and cloudy and Sunday is to be 62 degrees and showers. That's the weather forecast and it looks like it's going to be a more rainy week. That's good...we can use the rain here in Caney to help fill the Caney river that is nearly dry.

More even later....

I read until almost 10:30AM and I usually try to be down to Nancy's apartment about that time....so I was later getting there but she was dressed already and I showed her the two tops I took to her and the second pair of pants too that went with the tops. She was very pleased.

Then we went to the car and drove over to the cafe where Sally usually has her breakfast . She was there so we joined her. I had a pancake and scrambled egg and one strip of bacon and iced tea and Nancy had a pork chop and okra and her coffee. We had a good visit

Later I took Nancy back to her assisted living apartment and gave her  a hug goodbye until next Monday.

Now I will read some more. I just had my bath and put my pajamas and robe on.  I will read until at least 9:00PM




2 comments:

Suemn said...

That's just wonderful of you to look out for Nancy. I bet she was just thrilled to get the two tops from you and an additional pair of slacks.

Galla Creek said...

So thrilled Nancy has clothes to wear. Many of us have several closets full.