Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday and Lunch and a Movie

I slept very well last night and was only up one time and took my two meds. Then I went back to bed and right back to sleep. I was up at 5:00AM as usual,made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Leslie had called me yesterday and asked me to come out at 11:30AM and we would go to Big Cheese in Independence and have lunch and then go see a movie about Jesus at the Independence Cinema at 1:00PM  That sounded like something good to do so I will go out to their place at 11:30AM and pick her up and we will do that. It has been ages since I have been to a movie.

I have fixed my breakfast and am eating it here in the den while I blog. I am finished now.

I have had some interesting experiences lately. A couple of weeks ago on Monday, Nancy and I went to the Boulevard Cafe there in Bartlesville just off Tuxedo Boulevard meeting Sally for lunch.  I had set out my debit card to pay for our lunch and so did Sally and the waitress gave us back out debit cards and said "those three men paid for all your lunches". By this time they were gone so we couldn't even thank them. We thought that was very nice since we hadn't said anything to them or even given them the time of day. 

Then about a week later, I was out to our Eggbert's having their senior small chef salad for my lunch and I laid out my debit card to pay for it and the waitress there said "one of those men bought your lunch". I said "which one?" because I wanted to thank him. She said he said "don't tell her it was me".

Then yesterday I drove down to the Copan Restaurant and had a bowl of their delicious beef and vegetable soup and ice tea. I took my ticket to the cashier and a man about my size was before me in line. He stepped back and said, "why don't you go first" I thanked him and stepped up to the cashier. Then the man said, "put that man and his daughter's lunch on my tab". There was a man sitting at the large table there in front of the restaurant with a woman who was obviously his daughter and he was holding a small boy probably not even two years old.  The cashier stepped over there and picked up their tab and he paid it. Then he told the cashier.."pay her's too". And he bought my lunch. I thanked him and told him he and I may be in the same generation. He said "I am in my 70's" and I said "then I have at least ten years on you".  He said "I spent way too many years in the marine corps". I had noticed he had a pin on his jacket that said USMC.  Both he and the boy cashier said I certainly didn't look like I was in my 80's. I thanked them for saying so but I said "I look in the mirror every morning and see an old woman". So I have had some interesting experiences with some nice and generous men lately.

It's 6:42AM now and the cats may be out there. I will check.

Both cats were out there wanting their breakfast. I took it out to them and they dug in. They ate quickly and left. It's 31 degrees out there and they are probably wanting to get out of the cold. They can get under that old vacant house on the corner of 8th and State... catty wampus from mine. That's probably where they went. I will wait awhile and then take the food back in the garage and cover it if they don't come back for more food.

The weather forecast did come on and I took a photo of it with my phone.

Today will be 50 degrees and cloudy with rain later this evening. Sunday is to be 61 degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 70 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 68 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 51 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 53 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like spring weather most of next week.  I won't complain. I will get to take my walks.

I think the cats are gone for good. I will take the cat food in the garage and cover it.

More Later... 

I was trying to order something from Amazon and I lost the internet connection of both computers so I rebooted them both.   That didn't help.I still didn't have the internet so I called Amazon again.While I was waiting for someone to answer my call, both computers  found the internet. So I hung up. 

I am doing some laundry this morning..primarily my underwear and pajamas. I may toss the towels in there too. I did that and got the laundry finished too. 

About 11:00AM, I left for Leslie's and to see the movie at 1:00PM. First we went to Big Cheese and had a personal pan pizza and a drink each.

Unfortunately the movie didn't start until 3:00PM so we window shopped at the hardware/gift shop. Then we went over to the theater closer to 3:00PM and watched it. It was based on the true revolution in the 70's where many beatniks became "Jesus freaks".  It was interesting probably because I was old enough to remember that era. I enjoyed it and I think Leslie did too.

I got home about 5:30PM or so and read until 7:00PM when I took my bath and finished this blog. It's 7:22PM now and I want to read until 9:00PM..my regular bedtime.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

There are a lot of nice people in the world. I imagine you have done your share for others all your life, so you deserve it.

Galla Creek said...

There are lots of nice people. We often focus on the others. You certainly look young.