Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Morning and Dusting

 I slept really well last night and didn't even have to take an allergy pill. I was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have fixed my breakfast and am eating it here in the den. It's only 5:45AM now and the cats are probably not out front yet.

I never got the dusting done yesterday because I read instead. So I will do it this morning. Since I do it every week, it seldom gets very dusty. But I am allergic to house dust as well as lots of other things..... cigarette smoke, oak trees, milk,  among other things.

I want to check the weather forecast and the cats.

"The weather on the 8's" isn't on yet but both cats were out there. Blondie has eaten and left and Scruff is still out there but is no longer eating. She appears to be looking for Blondie. Now she is gone too. It's very cold out there. The computer says 23 degrees. They are probably looking for some kind of warmer shelter. Maybe the forecast will come on at 6:08AM  It's only 6:05AM now.

The forecast came on at 6:18AM. Today is to be 37 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 52 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 62 degrees and PM showers. Monday is to be 66 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 66 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 65 degrees and partly cloudy and Thursday is to be 55 degrees and cloudy. That's it for the next week..one day of rain and that's on Sunday afternoon. 

More Later...

I went back to reading the first library book I checked out yesterday afternoon here in Caney and I finished it. Then I dusted the apartment thoroughly. 

Leslie called me a little bit ago and invited me to go to a matinee at the Independence movie theater tomorrow afternoon with her. I am to pick her up at 11:30 tomorrow morning and we will eat lunch at Big Cheese in Independence first. The movie starts at 1:00PM. 

That will be something different to do and with Leslie too!

I went over to Coffeyville to go to their library and return a book I had checked out. While I was in Coffeyville I dropped by my eye doctor, Mrs. Dobbins and paid the $110.00 (that's not in my budget) I still owed on her bill after Medicare used the rest to apply toward their deductible. I ordered another six months worth of contacts and they should be in in five days or so. (That's another $85.00 that isn't in my budget.) Thank goodness Esther sent me a couple hundred dollars extra this month. That will take care of those two bills. 

I had no TV this evening so I called Cox once again.  The tech spent thirty minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally he had me push input button and we saw that somehow the input had changed and was on HDMI3 instead of HDMI2. How that happened I don't have  a clue. I don't mess with any settings on the remote because I have no idea what the various settings are used for. I use the TV power button and the guide button that allows me to change to the different channels and the Tivo button and the red "record" button that lets record and watch what I have recorded and also the large button at the top of my remote to access what is on the Amazon Prime channel...movies and TV shows they offer.  And I also use the "select" button to tune in those various channels I can select. But there are several other buttons I never touch like the "Zoom" button, the "live TV" button, the "info" button, there is also some "a.b.c. and d" buttons. I have no idea what they control. There's also a "slow" button I have never used too and two larger buttons that show a "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" that I am not familiar with.

I took my bath at 7:00PM this evening and put on my pajamas and robe. There's nothing on TV that I am interested in watching this evening. Basically I watch the "evening CBS news", "60 Minutes" and the weather forecasts. I also watch pro golf and football when they are in season. Anything else that I record on the Tivo, I just fast forward the commercials. I don't know of any programing other then those few that I am interested in. There's an awful lot of junk programming any more. Most of it is awful. That's why I only have the very basic TV channels...the weather channel, the networks ABC, NBC, and CBS..I also have the music channels but I never listen to them. I have Bob's Bose system and tons of CDs if I want music. Usually I just ask Alexa to play some that I like.

By the way..I did do the dusting today in my "spare" time.

It's 7:53 now and I will read on the books I checked out at the library today until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a wonderful date. Wonder what movie you will see. Maybe be you’ll choose “A man called Otto”. I’d like to see it.

Margie's Musings said...

It was something about Jesus that Leslie wanted to watch. That's fine with me. It's something I can do with my daughter.