Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I had been up once in the night and took my two meds at that time. Then I got right back to sleep. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. In a little while I will make up my coffeecake and get it into the oven. 

So More Later....

I got the coffeecake in the oven and the timer is on now. Now I am waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. I got up just in time.

Today is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy.Monday is to be 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 71 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 73 degrees and AM rain and wind, Thursday is to be 44 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 47 degrees and cloudy and Saturday is to be 61 degrees and AM showers. That's the week! Some showers!

Now I will check on the cats again.

No...no cats yet!!

I got the coffeecake out of the oven and cooling now. Then I checked again on the cats. Only Blondie was there...at least so far.I took the food out to him and he is eating hungrily! 

I mixed up the glaze for the coffeecake and will finish putting in on it after it cools a bit more. Blondie is really eating a lot. He must be very hungry this morning!

He appears to be leaving now. He must be full. Scruff never did come. I will leave the food out there a little bit to see if she will come now that Blondie is gone.

I got the glaze on the coffeecake and covered it with saran wrap. It's 7:26AM now and I won't leave for church until 9:00AM. Breakfast is at 10:00AM

So, More Later...


I left for church a littler later then I intended. I was reading and lost track of my time. Still I was not late. We had our breakfast and a nice worship service. We even had a visitor. And we had 12 in attendance...not bad for us. We have lost so many due to old age and an auto accident and one murder. We have gained a few too but not enough to make up for all we've lost due to  old age, the accident and the one murder.

I will write those who weren't there and send them a bulletin with the announcements and the prayer list.

There will be no local worship service on March 18th due to our Mission Center Conference at our campgrounds south of Joplin, Missouri, over that weekend and none on April 22nd either due to our World Conference in Independence, Missouri that entire week.

More Later... 

I got five letters written and put in the post office outside box. I know they won't go out until Tuesday because Monday is President's Day..a national holiday.

I watched the PGA Genesis golf  tournament this afternoon.John Rahm won. 

It's almost 6:00PM now and I will soon turn to Zoom to watch the worship service from the Mission Center.

I will record 60 Minutes. I never like to miss that.

After the worship service I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and watch the recorded 60 Minutes program and then read until 9:00PM..my usual bedtime.



.

1 comment:

Kay said...

This sounds like a full day. I really need to find a way to get better sleep like you.