Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday and A Trip to Visit Nancy

I slept well last night but was awake an hour earlier then I usually get up. So it wasn't quite 5:00AM when I got out of bed, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am doing my usual Monday laundry and just put it in the dryer. I am doing my jacket again too as well as the underwear and towels. The jacket tends to get makeup on it as I wear it every day anymore since it usually cold. 

After I have my breakfast and put away the laundry when it's dry, I will leave for Bartlesville  to visit Nancy. Now, if David and his wife are there, I won't go today. Maybe I will go later in the week after they leave. I think Dale said they would be coming today. I will need to check my notes. It's March 5th that David is coming to see Nancy.

I evidently didn't make any notes about when David would be coming earlier. I think it  was a Saturday but can't be sure. It could even be today. I will text Dale later this morning....or drive by Nancy's house.They were going to stay there.

More later..I will go check the weather forecast and check on the cats. 

I did catch the weather forecast as well as one cat. Scruff was out there but I sure didn't see Blondie.

Monday is supposed to be 63 degrees and mostly sunny,  Tuesday is to be 61 degrees and AM rain and wind. Wednesday is to be 61 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 36 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 47 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 63 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week...a little rain..especially tomorrow.

After I took care of the weather, Scruff came back for some more food and Blondie came too and they both were hungry so I took the food back out and they both ate more. 

I got the laundry dried and put away. In a little bit I will drive by Nancy's house and see if David and his wife are there. They would have a rental car and it would be setting under the car port. I will check soon.  Then I would know whether to go on down to see Nancy today.

More Even Later... 

Dale said David would be here March 5th. This time I made  a note of it. 

I tried to log onto the church's site to join the  group discussing the various legislation but it never happened. They never admitted me to the meeting...however that works.

I give up!

I will go on down to  visit with Nancy and try again to take her shopping for some new clothes.

I will get back to this later.  Much Later...

I did go down and visit Nancy and we had lunch with Sally. There were several men sitting at the next table and when they left, our waitress told us they had paid for our lunch. We were puzzled. None of us had paid any attention to them at all. We just visited with one another. We were happy for the free lunch but confused as to why they did that.

Anyhow after we finished our lunch and left, I took Nancy to TJ Maxx and had her try on some XL slacks with an elastic waistband.  They fit her fine but were way too long. We asked if the clerk had some pins so we could pin them up and have them altered but they did not. She put on her own slacks again and we rehung the ones she had tried on.  If we go back there next week, I will take some pins with me.  Or we may try another store since we know the size she needs now. She needs an XL short or petite. She was very tired and I took her back to the Assisted Living and she went in to go to her apartment there.

I came on back home.

I went to the post office and bought some more stamps and mailed my note back to Kay Wilson. I will share her note with Phyllis when I see her. She asked me to do that. She did not have an address for Phyllis. I sent her Phyllis' name and address on another card I sent her. I also sent her a copy of our bulletin that listed her on the list for prayer.

More Later.. 

Stephen and Dee Anna brought me a Valentine gift..chocolates!! and  a lovely Valentine! He also climbed up in the bathroom on my step stool and changed my burned out bathroom light bulb.

They are such fine thoughtful people. Both of them!

Again I tried to log on the 6:00PM Church site to join the discussion of the G-6 Resolution but I never was able to get them to log on to my Zoom site. I guess I just don't understand how it works so I am not going to be able to do that. I hate that because I really would like to follow the discussion. 

I took my bath at 6:45PM and got into my pajamas and robe. I guess I will read again. I put lotion on my feet and put my blue night socks on over it.I keep hoping my feet will soften up.....especially the one with the failed bunion surgery. It's the worst.

I will read until 9:00PM..almost two hours.

 

 

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you have better luck with clothes for Nancy. 🤞

Margie's Musings said...

I did but the slacks were too long and the store did not have any pins to pin them up for n adjustment. I will take her to a different store next week and I will take my own pin cushion for the alterations.

Galla Creek said...

Wish I could find some short XL pants to buy and send you for her. She has nothing that fits. Poor Nancy.

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I've read other blogs where the same thing has happened. Someone, unknown to anyone in a group having lunch pays for their lunch. The person paying for the lunch is just someone who wants to do an unexpected kindness for the day. It's called "Pay it forward." I've read where sometimes, people buying coffee will get to the window and the cashier will tell them that the person that was in the car ahead of them has already paid for their coffee.

Dianne said...

Yes.. I have had a restaurant meal paid for like this, and several coffees in car lines.