Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Tuesday and a Quiet Day

I slept fairly well last night...was up a couple of times...once to take my two meds... but managed to get back to sleep.  I was up early then and made my bed and got dressed and ready for the day. Today is supposed to have rain and wind so I don't plan on going anywhere and will probably just read. I am slowly plugging my way through the second book. 

I am eating my breakfast here in the den right now. It's only 5:55AM. The computer says it's 50 degrees though and cloudy. I doubt the cats will be out there this early although I will check shortly.

I will take the laptop in the living room to watch for "the weather on the 8's". 

I opened the door to check on the cats and it's raining hard out there..so they are not out there this morning....not yet anyway.

I caught the weather forecast. Today is to be 61 degrees and  AM rain and wind. Wednesday is to be 60 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 35 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun. Friday is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 65 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 65 degrees and  partly cloudy. That's the week. Today's rain is going to be the bulk of the moisture this week.

It's 11:21AM now and I just returned from the  market. I bought water and another coffeecake mix.  I will use that on next Sunday for the church breakfast. I have read most of the morning. In a little bit I will warm up some of Leslie's stew for my lunch.

 That should be good for a day like today.

I haven't seen anything of either of the cats today...too much rain, I guess!

I got a Valentine card from my friend, Dean. That was nice of him! I sent him a "thank you" note.

I will warm up my stew now and eat my lunch.

I had a nice big bowl of Leslie's stew for my lunch and read until 2:00PM when I finished that second book. I took it up to the book drop at the library and dropped it in there. I won't get another today. I will wait until tomorrow and drop into the Coffeyville library and try to find another book or two there. I go over to Coffeyville every Wednesday anyhow and can return those when I am over there.

My hair appointment tomorrow is at 9:00AM in Coffeyville and there is Bunco in the afternoon from 1:00PM until 3:00PM at the senior center. 

Now I will read my new Reader's Digest.

More Later...

I read my Reader's Digest and then went up to Mr. G's and had a small Butter Pecan Flurry...an ice cream treat.

Now I will go back to the book I have on Kindle. But first..I will take my bath, put my pajamas on and my robe. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM but it's only 6:32PM right now so I will read until then.


 

No comments: