Thursday, February 16, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night and only woke up once, took my two meds and went right back to sleep. I was up and dressed by 5:15AM. I will fix my breakfast soon and also check on the cats and turn on the TV to catch "the weather on the 8's". I will clean the apartment again today.  I do that once a week...usually on Thursdays.

No cats yet...but I did catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 33 degrees and cloudy, Friday is to be 48 degrees and sunny,  Saturday is to be 51 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 61 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 62 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 65 degrees and mostly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and AM showers. At least there is one day of rain in the forecast. We still need rain to fill the Caney River.

I started my cleaning with the mopping of the bare floors. I put the throw rugs in the dryer on "fresh air" and let them tumble while I mopped the bare floors and vacuumed. Then I put them back on the floors where they belonged. I emptied the vacuum and am charging it now. After it finishes charging, I will clean the filter. It takes about four hours to charge.

I will dust tomorrow.  I am always too tired after the cleaning.

It's 9:01 AM now and I am going to read on the library book I got from the Coffeyville library yesterday. And I finished it.

More Later...

I took the pair of pants Sally gave me to take to Nancy down to Nancy's and they were way too big. So I went over to Walmart across the street from the assisted living and traded them for the XXL20 size she wears now. Then I took them to her and had her try them on.They fit well.  Then after I left her, I went back over to the Walmart store and found another pair of the same brand and size in a different color. I charged them on the debit card Dale gave me for her clothes. I will take those to her Monday when I go to visit her. We will try to meet Sally so she can thank her for thinking of her. Sally is another great thoughtful gal! 

Nancy was very happy to get another different pair of pants to wear. With this new one I have for her on Monday, that will give her three different pair to wear.

It's almost 5:00PM now. When I got home I cleaned the filter unit on the sweeper like Leslie showed me how to do it. And of course, it was fully charged by then.

I am going to go in the living room and check on the CBS news.

 More Later.

I watched the CBS news and then went to my bath.   After the bath, I went back to my Kindle to read until 8:48PM. when I decided to go to on to bed.

2 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I'm so glad you were able to get some new pants that fit Nancy!

Margie's Musings said...

I am too, Suemn. She needed a few new pairs in her new size. XXL20 She really put on weight at the assisted living. She used to be an 8.