Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sunday and Church and the Superbowl

I slept well last night again and was up early as usual to make my coffeecake. It's in the oven now baking. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

We won't need cookies today at church ....that's next week. We will need them on the 19th for Tuesday the 21st..according to the pastor there at the First Christian Church in Independence. It's every other week now until June.

I missed the weather forecast while I was putting together the coffeecake. It will be on again later and I will catch it then.

I will go check on the cats  next.

They were both there and I took their food out to them.

I also caught the weather again. Today is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny,  Monday is to be 63 degrees and mostly sunny,  Tuesday is t be 63 degrees and AM rain and wind, Wednesday is to be 66 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 35 degrees and mostly  cloudy,  Friday is to be 43 degrees and sunny, and Saturday is to be 52 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week and only a little rain again.

Both cats are gone now and I should get their food back in the garage before the birds find it.

More Even Later ....

I left for church early enough to get cash at the bank and to get gas at Woodshed.  After church Phyllis and Karan and I had lunch at Eggbert's in Coffeyville.

I spent an hour or so sending out letters and announcements to the members who were not at church this morning to announce that Leslie has been called to be a High Priest at the World Church and Mission Center and one of the three of the presidency of the Mission Center. 

She would like as many of the congregation as possible to be at that service. It's March 18th at 9:00AM.

Sally is coming over today about 4:45PM to watch the Superbowl with me. I'm so glad I asked her. It will be more fun watching it with Sally instead of by myself.

Sally came about 5:15PM and brought lots of treats. Fr the first half the other team was ahead but the last half, the Chiefs got themselves together and every time they had the ball they scored and finally won 38 to 35. It was close alright. and Mahomes was named most valuable player. 

Sally left about 10:00PM. We had a lot of good treats to eat and she left me some very good sweet tea. 

I was glad I invited her. 

I took my bath at 10:30PM and I'll go to bed very soon. I am very tired. It has been a big day.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad to see you are entertaining your friend.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too.It's a lot more fun!!