Monday, March 20, 2023

Monday and A Trip to see Nancy

I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have got myself ready for the day and made my bed and am eating my breakfast here in the den. I need to go to the market this morning and get water and breakfast bars before I go to Bartlesville to see Nancy. I ate my last breakfast bar Friday. And of course I was over to the campgrounds Saturday and ate breakfast at church yesterday.

I haven't checked out the weather forecast yet or the cats, I will do that as soon as I finish my breakfast. I no longer have a working laptop computer that can get on the internet so I will have to blog here in the den.

I texted my granddaughter, Ashley, Scott's daughter, last evening and she texted me back. I hadn't heard from her in years. She is a nurse and works 13 hour days and has since the pandemic. It was good to hear from her again. They lived with us awhile after Scott was deployed during the last war.

More later...I will check on the cats and wait for the weather forecast.

I checked on the cats but neither of them were there yet. Then I turned on the TV just in time to catch "the weather on the 8's". 

Today will be 58 degrees and  mostly cloudy and windy, Tuesday is to be 54 degrees and rain, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and cloudy and windy, and Thursday is to be 67 degrees 67 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 61degrees and mostly sunny, and Sunday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, That's the week..three days of rain in the forecast and we can sure use it.

That's all for now. Back Later.

It's 8:04AM and I just finished mopping and vacuuming the apartment. I didn't get that done last Thursday like I usually do. I have cleaned the vacuum filter now and washed the part that the filter fits into and the vacuum cleaner is charging now. It will take a couple of hours for it to charge. This is the cordless vacuum that Leslie gave me for Christmas last year. It is lighter then the one Stephen had brought me. That one sets in the coat closet with this one. It's 8:07AM now and it should be charged before I leave to go see Nancy. I usually leave here at 10:00AM or 10:30AM.

Now I need to go to the market. I need a few things, I got some of what I needed at the Caney Market and the rest at Dollar General. I am waiting for the sweeper to finish charging until I leave for  the jeweler that will move my watch forward an hour. I was down there last Monday but the woman who tried to fix it just couldn't get it done and the young man who did it last spring was home sick. The woman said he would be back this Monday.

So More Later today.

I got down to see Nancy about 11:00AM and helped her get her hair brushed and visited with her while she got dressed. Then we went over to the cafe where Sally eats breakfast and joined her for a scrambled egg and bacon,. Sally and Nancy had coffee and I had sweet tea.

Afterward, we went uptown to the jewelry store downtown and the woman there set my watch, It takes the phone to set the one Ginger gave me. I was glad to learn that. Maybe now I can set it myself.

After that was done, I had my car washed at Okie's, the best car wash around the area. I dried it off afterwords. Then I took Nancy back to her assisted living apartment. She is always so happy to get out of that place for awhile. 

More even later... 

I read for awhile this afternoon but I wasn't impressed with the book. So I will take it to Phyllis on Wednesday. Maybe she will like it,  That's the only one of those Denise gave me that I have not enjoyed.

I watched the CBS news this evening and then turned off the TV. There's actually very little on TV that I like. Mainly the news, Most of the programming is too violent or silly. 

It's 6:23PM now and in about 30 minutes, I will take my bath. 

I took my bath at 7:30PM and put my pajamas and robe on. I had read on a new book and this one seems to be a better story.  It's 8:15PM now. I will go to bed about 9:00PM or so.

Maybe more later... 


2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! You sure do get a lot done. You're making me feel quite lazy. I guess I need to get up and do something. Have a great week, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay! I usually have my days planned out.