Thursday, March 23, 2023

Thursday and Reading

I slept fairly well last night but was up thirty minutes earlier then usual. I had a long discussion with Cox's business office last evening.. I want them to just send me a paper bill from now on.  When I pay their bill online from my bank, they often say I over pay or under pay and then I owe a little more separately the next month. I just want them to send me a paper bill and I will write them a check, I am tired of never knowing exactly what I owe so I can budget it. Their bill fluctuates from month to month and I never change anything so it should be the same each month. It's just basic TV...the cheapest available and the internet. But it is always different each month. I never know how to budget it. So I will call the bank this morning and tell them not to pay Cox from the internet and I will just send them a check each month from the paper bill. That's like the City of Caney wanted me to do. They did not want to get their payment from my bank account. They want a paper check that I drop into their drop box.

Strange... 

I will go check the "weather on the 8's" on TV and also check on the cats. It's a little early for them. It's only 5:28AM now.

No cats yet but I did catch the weather report. Today is supposed to be 69 degrees  and Isolated thunderstorms, Friday is to be 50 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 57 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 60 degrees and PM showers, Monday is to be 57 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! Three days of possible rain!

Now I will go check on the cats again. Neither cat showed up for breakfast..

More Later... 

 

I got hold of Lisa at my bank and had her drop Cox from the bank payment place on their website. I called Cox again to make sure they are going to send me a paper bill from now on.

It's 9:22AM and I have been reading another book. It is interesting primarily because of the author. It is John Grisham...my favorite author of detective stories.

I went out to Eggbert's for lunch and had their small chef salad.

I read all afternoon after reading most of the morning. I had cleaned the apartment several days ago...I think it was Monday. I went to the post office and mailed off a check to Cox and then stopped at the library and put the book I finished yesterday in the book drop. I will give the Grisham book to Phyllis on Sunday.

That book was excellent. It's 5:30PM now. I plan to watch the evening news and then take my bath at 7:00PM and read another book until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.


 

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Margie, I don't know how to fix the problem with your comments not being recognized, but most people just say what they want and then put their name at the end. Just sign your comments "Margie" and I'll know it's you when I see your name. As far as I know, I don't have any other Margies reading my blog.