Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday and a Sermon

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:30AM.  I took an allergy pill to control the sinus drainage last night and I am sure that helped. I have the coffeecake in the oven now and am dressed and ready to go to church when the time comes.

I have the sermon this morning and I feel very unprepared. For one thing I don't like to preach about after Jesus died and this morning is from Ephesians one of the books written by Paul. And Paul never even knew Jesus. I prefer the stories about Jesus' ministry.

But I have worked on it and worked on it and it turned out alright after all..

And my laptop computer has finally died. It's an antique that I begged Scott to give me years ago when he got an Apple and my own Dell laptop finally died. Keith worked this one over for me and I have used it for years since Scott and Ginger lived in Florida.  This one won't connect to the internet now and generally when that happens, just rebooting it usually finds the internet with it but yesterday that didn't work.  Thank goodness I still have this desktop computer. And it is on the internet.

I am drinking my coffee here in the den. The coffeecake is nearly done. When it is done, I will set it out to cool before I put the glaze on it. 

I went in the living room to check for the cats and only Scruff was out there so I took the cat dish out to her. I didn't see Blondie. 

I've tried rebooting the laptop twice but cannot get a connection. So I am using the desktop here in the den. It's 7:23AM now and I will go mix up the glaze for the coffeecake.

I got the coffeecake glazed and wrapped it in Saran.

Now I caught the weather forecast.

Today is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 62 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Tuesday is to be 55 degrees and AM rain and wind,  Wednesday is to be 76 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 67 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Friday is to be 56 degrees and AM showers and Saturday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week's weather...a couple of days of much needed rain.

More Later... It's 8:59AM now.

I went over to Coffeyville first to get some money from my bank account. The 11th street location ATM was out of money and they suggested on their sign that I go to the old Condon bank site on eighth street that now belongs to the Community State Bank. It too was out of money. So I went on to church, 

After church Phyllis and I went to lunch at Eggbert's.  Then I went out to the Woodshed in South Coffeyville and bought gas. Then I went to the Northeast location of the bank's last ATM and got $50.00 out for the week.

Then I came back home and did some laundry. 

Then after my bath this evening at 7:30PM, I folded and put away the laundry and I started another book. I also  took my body weight index this evening.  I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and weigh 125. It is 21.6 which is right where it ought to be. That's good.

I read until 9:00PM when I decided to go to bed.


 

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m confused…Ephesians…is New Testement.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, but it's about the old testament...

Margie's Musings said...

It's about After Jesus died. It was one of the letters of Paul and Paul never knew Jesus.

Galla Creek said...

Yes, I see now. I just didn’t get it at first. I know your sermon was very good.