Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wednesday and Game Day

I slept very well last night. Of course I had taken two Melatonin tablets and that helped me sleep. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I  am eating my breakfast here in the den this morning. Around 8:00AM, I will leave for Coffeyville and first, my hair appointment with Toni and then I will read until 1:00PM when I will have game day at the senior center there. That's always fun and the fellowship is always good.

But first, I will check the weather forecast for the week at "the weather on the 8's" on TV and then check on the cats and see if they are out there waiting for their breakfast.

More  Later.. 

So far..no cats. But I did just see "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 77 degrees and mostly cloudy, tomorrow  is to be 69 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Friday is to be 53 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 61 degrees and PM showers, Monday is to be 57 degrees and partly cloudy, and Tuesday is to be 59 degrees and sunny. That's the week...not bad and some rain...which we badly need.

Now I will check again for the cats... 

At 7:30AM I checked again for the cats and this time they were both there...hungry. I took the food out and I noticed then that Blondie had a huge tear behind his left ear. About the size of a half dollar. Something...possibly  a dog, .. got a hold of an area just behind his ear and really tore it. Of course, these cats are feral and so I can't do anything to doctor that area. It doesn't appear to be bleeding at this time. I hope it heals alright.

They both ate a lot and now have left. I will take the food back in the garage and cover it again.

It's 7:42 now and I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM. My appointment with Toni is at 8:30AM.

More Later... 

I got to the beauty shop in plenty of time and Toni did her usual great job with my hair. Then I went out to the library and sat in my car and read.A little later, I went to the senior center and Janet let me in and  I read there. At 1:00PM, everyone started coming and we played Skipbo...a card game. We played until 4:00PM after we had our refreshments.  I gave Marilyn my leftover treats.

I drove out to Phyllis' after that and took her two of the books Denise gave me that I had read. She will enjoy reading them. I will get back to the one I am reading now. I think I will give every other one to the Caney library. The other ones I will give to Phyllis.

More Later...

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I give my books to my local library when I finish them. The library has a used book sale and can make a little money.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, that's what I am doing too. I have three big bookcases that are full of my books and I have told my kids to donate them to the Coffeyville and Caney libraries when I am gone.

Margie's Musings said...

They both also have a place where they sell used books. These are like new.