Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. However my watches said 4:00AM because I don't know how to change these smart watches. I will have to see a jeweler in Bartlesville tomorrow like I did last fall. 

I made my bed and dressed for the day and mixed up the coffeecake for the breakfast at  church this morning. It is in the oven now baking. The timer is on so I don't forget about it. It's 6:32AM now. At least the computers change the time themselves. I wish the watches did that.

I won't have breakfast here today since we have breakfast at church on Sunday mornings anymore. I may fix myself some Chai Latte since we don't have that at church. 

I will go check the weather and the cats too now.  I doubt they are out there since they don't recognize daylight savings time. But I will check.

I am also doing a load of laundry this morning. I was out of underwear and the towels needed washing too.  What do you know! Both cats were out there and the weather came on too just as I turned on the TV. 

They have eaten all they want and left now. Soon I will bring the cat food back into the garage  and cover it. Now the timer on the oven is about to go off so I'd better see if it's done and get .it out of the oven. No, It's got another 6 minutes to bake. And the dryer alarm just went off too. 

I got the coffee cake out of the oven and folded and put away the laundry. Both cats were finished eating and were gone so I took the cat food out to the garage and covered it up.  The coffeecake is cooling and I will put the glaze on it when it is cool,

Today is to be 51degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 47 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 62 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 59 degrees and thundershowers and wind, Friday is to be 47 degrees and mostly sunny and Saturday is to be 48 degrees and sunny.

That's the week. One day of rain and wouldn't you know, the rainy day is the one with my concert. Chicago is in Bartlesville at 7:30PM. I may have to skip this one rather then to drive at night in a thunderstorm.  It's my turn to drive. I will wait and see what the weather really is like before I make that decision.

More Later... It's 7:22AM now. I will go put the glaze on that coffeecake.

I got the coffee cake ready and left a little early for church. I wanted to go into Coffeyville and go to Dollar General and get some more eye drops. My right contact would not settle and it bothered me all morning. I am going to take it out and try to get it to go back in comfortably. It might be better now. I put some sustain on it and that may have helped. 

Karan had an excellent sermon this morning. I am up next Sunday. We had a small congregation this Sunday. Several were out of town for one thing or another.

After church John and Leslie and Phyllis and I went to Gigi's for lunch. It was alright but Phyllis and I like Eggbert's small salad better.  

We may possibly go back there next Sunday. 

More Later ....

When I got home I wrote six letters to those that were not at church and sent them bulletins. Then I took them to the post office and sent them off.  

I took my bath at 7:00PM and read all evening. I kept hearing a loud chirping noise and thought it was a bird in the attic. Then I texted Stephen about it and finally remembered Leslie had put a new notification on my phone at noon. I thought it might have been that so I changed the notification on my phone and I didn't hear the loud chirping again. I texted an apology to Stephen and he said "No problem".

I read all the rest of the evening and decided to go to bed as soon as I finished my blog. It's 10:23PM now so it's past my bedtime.

No comments: